Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Hiding text until a Checkbox is checked

Hiding text until a Checkbox is checked

Mike

Not sure if this is a Javascript thing or not but here's what I'd like to do.

I have a survey/form for people to fill out. It has 3 sections. The first question has 3
checkboxes asking which of the 3 events the person attended. I want to hide the 3 sections of the
form and then when the user checks the box sayign he/she attended certain events, to then show those
sections of the form. (Hope that makes sense)

What's the easiest way to do that?

Stuart Palmer

show and hide divs. This might work in Netscape though without some
tinkering.

Take a look at http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum21/5323.htm might help.

Good luck

Stu

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure if this is a Javascript thing or not but here's what I'd like to

do.

> I have a survey/form for people to fill out. It has 3 sections. The

first question has 3
> checkboxes asking which of the 3 events the person attended. I want to

hide the 3 sections of the
> form and then when the user checks the box sayign he/she attended certain

events, to then show those
> sections of the form. (Hope that makes sense)
>
> What's the easiest way to do that?

Mike

Is it possible to hide a div and then have all the text below it on the page move up to fill in the
blank space instead of leaving a big hole in the page?