Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Removing borders around active links

Removing borders around active links

vbAlex

I've tried everything, looked through all the faqs and everything,
looking for a way to remove the 1px dotted border from around active
links... tried

a:active { border: 0px solid black; }

but, to no avail...
does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (vbAlex) writes:

> I've tried everything, looked through all the faqs and everything,
> looking for a way to remove the 1px dotted border from around active
> links... tried
>
> a:active { border: 0px solid black; }
>
> but, to no avail...
> does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

It is a browser thing. Not all browsers has the dotted border, and you
should be carefull not to remove it from people who actually need it.

What you see is not derived from being "active", but from being
"focus"'ed. The traditional solution is to add
onfocus="this.blur()"
to the elements. However, that completely breaks keyboard navigation,
so you might not want to do that.

/L

Fred Serry

"vbAlex" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've tried everything, looked through all the faqs and everything,
> looking for a way to remove the 1px dotted border from around active
> links... tried
>
> a:active { border: 0px solid black; }
>
> but, to no avail...
> does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

Hi,

Since IE5.5 there is the hidefocus attribute. AFAIK it is a MS thing
only.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a.../hidefocus.asp

Fred

Dotted borders around image links Arne HTML 6 06-03-2006 01:18 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc. George HTML 9 10-25-2004 04:25 PM
Borders around links et ASP .Net 1 09-27-2004 05:35 AM
Borders around links Peter Campbell HTML 10 07-03-2003 03:55 PM

Advertisments