Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > beginner

beginner

pag64

I have the following message when I have to insert the
j. code into my html page :

Add the onLoad event handler into the BODY tag

The BODY part ok
The Head part ok
but the body tag ??

Can you tell me what I have to do and where
I have to insert the code
Thanking you in advance.

AG

David Dorward

pag64 wrote:

> I have the following message when I have to insert the
> j. code into my html page :
>
> Add the onLoad event handler into the BODY tag
>
> The BODY part ok
> The Head part ok
> but the body tag ??

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = fuction() {
do_stuff();
}
</script>

(Although they probably mean <body onload="do_stuff();">)

--
David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/
Redesign in progress: http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/

Richard Hockey

<head>
<title></title>
<script type="text/javascript">
DoFunction()
{
alert('Hello World');
}
</script>
</head>

"pag64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdm3kk$dg1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the following message when I have to insert the
> j. code into my html page :
>
> Add the onLoad event handler into the BODY tag
>
> The BODY part ok
> The Head part ok
> but the body tag ??
>

> Can you tell me what I have to do and where
> I have to insert the code
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> AG

Richard Hockey

A rather trivial example of how to use the onLoad event in the body tag:

<head>
<title>OnLoad example</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
DoFunction()
{
alert('Hello World');
}
</script>
</head>

"pag64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bdm3kk$dg1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the following message when I have to insert the
> j. code into my html page :
>
> Add the onLoad event handler into the BODY tag
>
> The BODY part ok
> The Head part ok
> but the body tag ??
>

> Can you tell me what I have to do and where
> I have to insert the code
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> AG

pag64