Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > CGI Perl Script caching variables

CGI Perl Script caching variables

Herbman

I have a script which includes a variable found in a .cfg file whose
content was:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$basedir="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard";
# Directory to wwwboard scripts
$mesgpath="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/wwwboard"; #
Directory to wwwboard scripts
1;

I sinced modified it due to some path errors to the following:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$basedir="/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
$mesgpath="/html/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
1;

When I call the Perl script, it still gives me the following error
D:\html\users\maestro-documentarycom\html\cgi-bin\wwwboard\wwwboard.pl
line 381

I change the file the .cfg file, but I still get the same path error.

Is this page being cached and if so, how do I un-chache it?

Herbman

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<behnoq$5fhub$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Herbman wrote:
> > I have a script which includes a variable found in a .cfg file whose
> > content was:
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/perl
> > $basedir="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard";
> > # Directory to wwwboard scripts
> > $mesgpath="/html/users/maestro-documentarycom/html/wwwboard"; #
> > Directory to wwwboard scripts
> > 1;
> >
> > I sinced modified it due to some path errors to the following:
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/perl
> > $basedir="/html/cgi-bin/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
> > $mesgpath="/html/wwwboard"; # Directory to wwwboard scripts
> > 1;
> >
> > When I call the Perl script, it still gives me the following error
> > D:\html\users\maestro-documentarycom\html\cgi-bin\wwwboard\wwwboard.pl
> > line 381
> >
> > I change the file the .cfg file, but I still get the same path error.
> >
> > Is this page being cached and if so, how do I un-chache it?

> Assuming you include the .cfg file using 'require': Are you possibly
> running the script under mod_perl? In that case, the previous values
> may be saved in memory, otherwise it sounds weird to me.
>
> Guess you need to let us know a little more.

Actually, I'm troubleshooting for a relative and I'm not sure how they
are setup. I will look into it further and submit and update.

Thank you