Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Got it!

Got it!

rtmc

Hi Everyone - thanks very much for your responses, I really appreciate
your efforts! I had someone give me "the fix", and it appears this is
now working as I had hoped. For anyone else who may come across this
and need help, here's what I did....

I created a random string as follows (lots of ways you could do this):

string Random = DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString();

Then, when calling an image, I would append this to the image name.
So, it would look something like :

imgThumb.src = "images/thumb1.jpg?random=" + Random;

This had no effect on the display of the image, but it essentially
gives each image a 'different' name, forcing the browser to go get the
image each time. Seems quite simple, but this sure had me stumped.
Thanks again to everyone for the help, especially Joerg Jooss, who
provided me with this answer on another board.

Ryan

If you Got Questions? I bet We got Answers Leisure.201@gmail.com Javascript 1 04-28-2007 11:04 PM
have you got any of these i can have spike240 Case Modding 4 09-14-2005 03:48 AM
got an idea stlava Case Modding 8 07-14-2005 08:39 AM
Just got a new laptop =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?= Wireless Networking 4 03-26-2005 09:14 AM
I got trouble for Wireless LAN + Windows Me OS Kevin Daddy Wireless Networking 2 09-01-2004 09:48 AM

Advertisments