Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "Resources... have the same manifest resource name" error

"Resources... have the same manifest resource name" error

Jack Black

Hi, all! Using VB.Net as code-behind for ASP.Net pages...

I just renamed an ASPX page, and created a new page with the old name
(renamed first.aspx to second.aspx, then created a new first.aspx).
I'm now getting the "Resources <first.aspx.resx> and
<second.aspx.resx> have the same manifest resource name
'myWeb.first1.resources'

Did a rebuild but this didn't help; made sure the Page Language tags
at the top of the ASPX files inherit from the correct place, but that
didn't help either.

How can I resolve this? Thanks!
Jack

Jack Black

Never mind, all... Seems when I renamed the ASPX file in the
Project Explorer it renamed the ASPX.VB file, but didn't chance the
Class name, so it was (first) puking because II'm guessing two classes
with the same name existed, and/or (second) a class name in an ASPX.VB
file was different than the file itself. Dunno, but after I renamed
the class all of the various errors went away!

Jack