Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > VHDL - Arbitrary Data Type

VHDL - Arbitrary Data Type

vino_TUM vino_TUM is offline
Junior Member
Location: Munich, Germany

Hi,

I am having a problem in VHDL related to Component declaration.

Bit width (a generic) of a port signal of type std_logic_vector is not visible to the module where it is
declared as component and so I am getting a compilation error.

How can I make the bit_width/data_type of the port signal generic while declaration and
refine it during instantiation ?

Thanks in advance ....

Regards
Vino

Nader Ilahi Nader Ilahi is offline
Junior Member

Hello Vino ,

I need more details to confirm that I have understood you , would you please provide the code
that cause the issue .otherwise when you make an instantiation of a component you shoud instantiate the generic aswell in order to be recognized .

Nader

VHDL, arbitrary string length eko VHDL 3 05-29-2008 05:40 AM
calling an arbitrary function w/ arbitrary arguments Honestmath C++ 5 12-13-2004 06:18 AM
Arbitrary Type Definition Now With More Salt C++ 4 09-17-2003 06:59 PM
Functions returning arbitrary type Andrej Prsa C Programming 5 07-15-2003 01:34 AM

Advertisments