Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Initialization file for SRAM in modelsim

Initialization file for SRAM in modelsim

danilojodas danilojodas is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

I am designing an SOPC builder system with IDT 71V416S SRAM memory on NIOS Stratix II development board. I need of SRAM memory because the amount of data is large and want to simulate the read these data in modelsim software. However, i don't know how to create .dat files manually which according with the documentation are files used for memory initialization and are on the <sopc_builder_projetc>_sim directory. I have seen that in directory of simulation are created four files sram_lanex.dat, with x = 0,1,2,3. I tried to use the NIOS II IDE to generate these files, but the software create the .dat files with default values. I want to initialize the files with my own content and to simulate the read in modelsim. Please, someone can help me to design an simulation model for SRAM controller with data files generated with my own content? An simple example will help. I also need to understand what are sram_lanex.dat files.

Thanks.

Memory Initialization Files in Modelsim ALuPin VHDL 5 03-03-2004 01:37 PM
How do I model a 6T SRAM cell in VHDL KM VHDL 1 12-05-2003 08:30 PM
Reading back SRAM content via JTAG? moe VHDL 3 11-16-2003 02:22 PM
SRAM vs Cache Michael VHDL 4 09-22-2003 08:31 AM
write data to Sram and then read to PC sarah VHDL 1 08-13-2003 10:08 PM

Advertisments