Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dynamically adding a row into an gridview

Dynamically adding a row into an gridview

Henk

Hi All,

I want to dynamically add a row in my gridview. I want to have a row beneath
my headerrow with dropdowns in it, which I can use to filter on that column.
I thought the GridView.RowCreated event would be my friend, by checking
there if I would have an headerrow and then insert a new GridViewRow object.
But alas, I cannot add rows to the GridView.Row collection, it seems to be
read only, and I don't see any AddRow or InsertRow (or AddItem, InserItem)
methods.

Anyone knows how to deal with this or have any links for me, since google
wasn't much of a help this time? I really would like to use the gridview and
not the datagrid now that I am working in asp.net 2.0.

regards,
Henk

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

what's with the cross posting? you can't be that desperate. asp.net 2.0
problems belong in the asp.net 2.0 newsgroup

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
news:(E-Mail Removed)...