Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: [OT] facebook

Re: [OT] facebook

jacob navia

Le 18/03/12 22:33, io_x a écrit :
> where are the faq on facebook?
>
> Thank you

Personally, I am not in facebook.

And I do not have any "linked-in", twitter,
or similar accounts.

Why should I give my personal information to corporations so that THEY
make money with MY data?

Please explain me that. I am probably too stupid to understand where
would be MY interest in the whole thing.

BruceS

On Mar 19, 7:05*am, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Le 18/03/12 22:33, io_x a crit :> where are the faq on facebook?
>
> > Thank you

> Personally, I am not in facebook.
>
> And I do not have any "linked-in", twitter,
> or similar accounts.
>
> Why should I give my personal information to corporations so that THEY
> make money with MY data?
>
> Please explain me that. I am probably too stupid to understand where
> would be MY interest in the whole thing.

This is entirely off topic, but IMO the whole thread is. The reason
one creates and uses a Facebook account is not to enrich some
corporation, but rather to find and reconnect with old friends, and to
have a convenient forum in which to maintain those connections. I've
used it to find people I knew decades ago. The reason one has a
LinkedIn account is to facilitate professional networking, so that one
may more easily find an appropriate position, or a person to fill a
position. This is really quite simple, and should not be confusing.
The reason these companies exist and provide these services is to
enrich themselves. This also should not be confusing to you. I hope
I've helped you understand this. If you have no interest in these
networking tools, by all means skip them! Lots of people do, and IMO
it does them little if any harm.

Someone with no interest in C might just as well ask why they should
spend their time and effort on a language they have no interest in.

<requisite (sort of) on-topic> Kudos on lcc-win. I've downloaded and
tried out the package, and it's really quite well done.

gwowen

On Mar 19, 1:05*pm, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Please explain me that. I am probably too stupid to understand where
> would be MY interest in the whole thing.

I a sometimes use it as a medium of communication to keep in touch
with friends.
I don't know what you could use it for either.

jacob navia

Le 19/03/12 17:27, gwowen a écrit :
> On Mar 19, 1:05 pm, jacob navia<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Please explain me that. I am probably too stupid to understand where
>> would be MY interest in the whole thing.

> I a sometimes use it as a medium of communication to keep in touch
> with friends.
> I don't know what you could use it for either.

When I want to keep in touch I:

o Phone my friends
o Drop by, have a talk
o We meet at a restaurant, movie, whatever

I use email sometimes, when they are far away, or Skype.

There are SO MANY communications ways now that it is difficult to
enumerate them all.

Why do people support facebook?

Well, because it is the fad of the day, that is. Tell that to
my son (17 years old).

He is in facebook all day (and night )

But maybe I am just too old to understand the new fads.

jacob

Bl0ckeduser

jacob navia wrote:
> Why do people support facebook?
>
> Well, because it is the fad of the day, that is. Tell that to
> my son (17 years old).
>
> He is in facebook all day (and night )

I'm 18, and the two standard means of communication around here are
cellphone and facebook. We quite like the "Facebook Chat" feature, which
is basically a poorly implemented (JavaScript / AJAX) version of IRC
chatting. (Most often one-one-one chatting is used).

Most people I know (including me) are probably addicted enough to check
their facebook accounts at least twice everyday.

Kenny McCormack

In article <jk8g9k$l44$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bl0ckeduser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>jacob navia wrote:
>> Why do people support facebook?
>>
>> Well, because it is the fad of the day, that is. Tell that to
>> my son (17 years old).
>>
>> He is in facebook all day (and night )

>I'm 18, and the two standard means of communication around here are
>cellphone and facebook. We quite like the "Facebook Chat" feature, which
>is basically a poorly implemented (JavaScript / AJAX) version of IRC
>chatting. (Most often one-one-one chatting is used).
>
>Most people I know (including me) are probably addicted enough to check
>their facebook accounts at least twice everyday.

Sounds like you need therapy. Does your (or your parents') insurance cover
it?

--
A liberal, a moderate, and a conservative walk into a bar...

Bartender says, "Hi, Mitt!"

Patrick Scheible

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gordon Burditt) writes:

>> Most people I know (including me) are probably addicted enough to check
>> their facebook accounts at least twice everyday.

> Twice a *DAY*? I thought Facebook users usually tried (and often
> failed) to limit checking for facebook messages less often than
> twice a *MINUTE*.

I don't understand Facebook users either. I have an account because
some web fora authenticate to it. But I put pretty much nothing on my
Facebook account and I check it about twice a year.

-- Patrick

Joe Pfeiffer

Patrick Scheible <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Gordon Burditt) writes:
>
>>> Most people I know (including me) are probably addicted enough to check
>>> their facebook accounts at least twice everyday.

>> Twice a *DAY*? I thought Facebook users usually tried (and often
>> failed) to limit checking for facebook messages less often than
>> twice a *MINUTE*.

> I don't understand Facebook users either. I have an account because
> some web fora authenticate to it. But I put pretty much nothing on my
> Facebook account and I check it about twice a year.

For me it's become a very standard way I keep up with many of my
friends -- some local I see almost every day, others I haven't seen in
person in decades and only got back in touch with when one or the other
of us thought to check whether the other one was on FB. I'm not quite
in the once a minute camp, but I'm not terribly far off.

Keith Thompson

Joe Pfeiffer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Patrick Scheible <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>
>>> Twice a *DAY*? I thought Facebook users usually tried (and often
>>> failed) to limit checking for facebook messages less often than
>>> twice a *MINUTE*.

>> I don't understand Facebook users either. I have an account because
>> some web fora authenticate to it. But I put pretty much nothing on my
>> Facebook account and I check it about twice a year.

> For me it's become a very standard way I keep up with many of my
> friends -- some local I see almost every day, others I haven't seen in
> person in decades and only got back in touch with when one or the other
> of us thought to check whether the other one was on FB. I'm not quite
> in the once a minute camp, but I'm not terribly far off.

For me it's something that has absolutely nothing to do with the C
programming language, which is what we generally discuss here.

Will write code for food.

Rui Maciel

io_x wrote:

>> Please explain me that. I am probably too stupid to understand where
>> would be MY interest in the whole thing.

> the reason? for to know more

To know more about what? You just stated that the faq isn't available in
facebook, so it can't possibly be about that.

Rui Maciel