Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Compile .cs files

Compile .cs files

NOSPAM

I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
.... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
of annoying if the project grows bigger.

Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

N.S.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFzc3VkYQ==?=

"NOSPAM" wrote:

> Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

http://www.sharpdevelop.net/OpenSource/SD/

Weinand Daniel

already tried shardevelop?

www.sharpdevelop.com

nice tool and freeware. some better ideas than VS.
hope it helps you.

greetz

NOSPAM schrieb:

>I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
>files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
>... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
>of annoying if the project grows bigger.
>
>Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?
>
>N.S.

Richard Blewett [DevelopMentor]

Do you want to compiler them into 1 assembly or many?

csc *.cs

will compile them into one - the result exe (in this case) will be names the same as the .cs file with Main() in it.

Regards

Richard Blewett - DevelopMentor

http://staff.develop.com/richardb/weblog

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp/<c3j4d.1$18%(E-Mail Removed) om>

I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
of annoying if the project grows bigger.

Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

N.S.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

[microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp]

NOSPAM

Thanks.. I only know about Web Matrix, but never use SharpDevelop.net This
SharpDevelop is awesome!!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it solves all my
compile problems.

"Massuda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "NOSPAM" wrote:
>
> > Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

> http://www.sharpdevelop.net/OpenSource/SD/

Jon Skeet [C# MVP]

NOSPAM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I don't have Visual Studio, Is there an easy way to compile bunch of .cs
> files at once? I have written several .cs files and put in the /bin folder
> ... everytime I add a new file, I have to edit the batch file, it's kind
> of annoying if the project grows bigger.
>
> Is there any free tools out there that can automate this?

One alternative not yet mentioned is NAnt:

http://nant.sf.net

It's a build tool fashioned after Ant, the Apache Jakarta project
written in Java.

--
Jon Skeet - <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet