Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > New learner of Python--any suggestion on studying it?

New learner of Python--any suggestion on studying it?

yan xianming

Hello all,

I'm a new learning of Python.

Can someone give me some suggestion about it?

thanks
xianming

Chris Rebert

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM, yan xianming <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a new learning of Python.
>
> Can someone give me some suggestion about it?

http://docs.python.org/tutorial/index.html
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Beginner...NonProgrammers
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers
http://www.quora.com/How-can-I-learn...gram-in-Python

Cheers,
Chris

Antti J Ylikoski

On 19.3.2012 8:30, yan xianming wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a new learning of Python.
>

> Can someone give me some suggestion about it?
>
> thanks
> xianming

The best textbooks on Python that I have come across are:

Learning Python by Mark Lutz, O'Reilly, http://oreilly.com,
ISBN 978-0-596-15806-4

Programming Python by Mark Lutz, O'Reilly, http://oreilly.com,
ISBN 978-0-596-15810-1

regards, Antti "Andy" Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the EU

Brian Wilkinson

On Mar 19, 2:30*am, yan xianming <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a new learning of Python.
>
> Can someone give me some suggestion about it?
>
> thanks
> xianming

Once you have a few of the basics down (using the resources others
have suggested), a good way to practice those skills is to visit
Project Euler (http://projecteuler.net/) or The Python Challenge
(http://www.pythonchallenge.com/). Project Euler is a site with math
problems that can be best solved using basic programming skills. The
first problem asks for the sum of all the multiples of 3 or 5 below
1000. The problems build in difficulty and in the programming skills
you need.

The Python Challenge (best completed using version 2.7 of Python) is
hard to explain, but a lot of fun to do.

Good luck!

Brian

Wim M

Hi,