Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Word Documents

Re: Word Documents

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here's some best practices on the subject of exporting to Word and Excel
from ASP.NET:
http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...200309so_l.asp

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Deepankar Raizada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Can anybody tell me where i can get some samples codes for creating word
> documents in a asp.net application with document headers and footers, also
> creating tables and adding data to that dynamically using a database.
> --
> Warm Regards
> Deepankar

=?Utf-8?B?RGVlcGFua2FyIFJhaXphZGE=?=

Hi Steve,

This did help a little but i wanted to create some tables and add data to it
and also have headers and footers, with if i use a word document as a
template, how do i attach my dataset to that document template one table and
there can be many tables

"Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" wrote:

> Here's some best practices on the subject of exporting to Word and Excel
> from ASP.NET:
> http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...200309so_l.asp
>
> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://Steve.Orr.net
>

> "Deepankar Raizada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anybody tell me where i can get some samples codes for creating word
> > documents in a asp.net application with document headers and footers, also
> > creating tables and adding data to that dynamically using a database.
> > --
> > Warm Regards
> > Deepankar

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

For that kind of rich functionality I'd have to recommend one of these fine
products which would surely earn their keep:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Word/
http://officewriter.softartisans.com/

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://Steve.Orr.net

"Deepankar Raizada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Steve,
>
> This did help a little but i wanted to create some tables and add data to
> it
> and also have headers and footers, with if i use a word document as a
> template, how do i attach my dataset to that document template one table
> and
> there can be many tables
>
> "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" wrote:
>
>> Here's some best practices on the subject of exporting to Word and Excel
>> from ASP.NET:
>> http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterA...200309so_l.asp
>>
>> --
>> I hope this helps,
>> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
>> http://Steve.Orr.net
>>

>> "Deepankar Raizada" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Can anybody tell me where i can get some samples codes for creating
>> > word
>> > documents in a asp.net application with document headers and footers,
>> > also
>> > creating tables and adding data to that dynamically using a database.
>> > --
>> > Warm Regards
>> > Deepankar

=?Utf-8?B?RGVlcGFua2FyIFJhaXphZGE=?=

Hi Stever

I was able to use the Word COm component in my asp.net application and
create rich format text fiels or excel, this development was doen on Windows
2000 server, but when i deploy this application on my windows 2003 server i
get an Access denied error.

please help.
For reference i have put this as a new question in the newsgroup
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups...d4e&sloc=en-us