Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SendKeys problem in 2008

SendKeys problem in 2008

Jack Rabbitt

Hi All,

Now have another problem with windows 2008, the program we have used
previously in xp used to SendKeys to talk to our mainframe program, will no
longer send the symbols, such as #@/<> etc...

Is there any reason for this, is there a security setting somewhere in
windows 2008 server which stops this activity, or is there something in the
VB6 code which which needs to be updated??
This is the first time ever its not done this so really stumped. as an
example, if we ask the vb6 program to send a#b#1#2, it will only now send
ab12, ignoring the symbols.

Many thanks for your help!

Jack

Robert Carnegie

On Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:29:11 AM UTC, Jack Rabbitt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Now have another problem with windows 2008, the program we have used
> previously in xp used to SendKeys to talk to our mainframe program, will no
> longer send the symbols, such as #@/<> etc...
>
> Is there any reason for this, is there a security setting somewhere in
> windows 2008 server which stops this activity, or is there something in the
> VB6 code which which needs to be updated??
> This is the first time ever its not done this so really stumped. as an
> example, if we ask the vb6 program to send a#b#1#2, it will only now send
> ab12, ignoring the symbols.
>
> Many thanks for your help!
>
> Jack

I don't know this domain, but you might investigate
whether the program is running with a U.S. or non-U.S.
keyboard layout - the symbol keys are different on a
United Kingdom keyboard. Having said that, by your
report, you seem to be getting everything but the
Shift key itself.

Is there another way to represent the Shift key in a
SendKeys statement? Or can you Send symbols directly?

Is the StickyKeys accessible version of Shift in
effect on the system?

What physical keyboard are the keystrokes being mapped to? It would be unusual not to use the
101 or 102 keys keyboard nowadays, but I suppose
you might, in a cramped server cabinet...

....or you might boot the server with no keyboard
at all. Or with a minimal keyboard device attached,
such as a number pad, or some of the fancier mice.
Could that be a factor?

By the way - everyone has quickly patched /all/
their systems for the latest, unfortunately public
vulnerability in RDP, yes? (And Remote Assistance,
and anything else they chose to call it in different
contexts.)

Jack Rabbitt

"Robert Carnegie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:29:11 AM UTC, Jack Rabbitt wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Now have another problem with windows 2008, the program we have used
>> previously in xp used to SendKeys to talk to our mainframe program, will
>> no
>> longer send the symbols, such as #@/<> etc...
>>
>> Is there any reason for this, is there a security setting somewhere in
>> windows 2008 server which stops this activity, or is there something in
>> the
>> VB6 code which which needs to be updated??
>> This is the first time ever its not done this so really stumped. as an
>> example, if we ask the vb6 program to send a#b#1#2, it will only now send
>> ab12, ignoring the symbols.
>>
>> Many thanks for your help!
>>
>> Jack

> I don't know this domain, but you might investigate
> whether the program is running with a U.S. or non-U.S.
> keyboard layout - the symbol keys are different on a
> United Kingdom keyboard. Having said that, by your
> report, you seem to be getting everything but the
> Shift key itself.
>
> Is there another way to represent the Shift key in a
> SendKeys statement? Or can you Send symbols directly?
>
> Is the StickyKeys accessible version of Shift in
> effect on the system?
>
> What physical keyboard are the keystrokes being mapped to? It would be
> unusual not to use the
> 101 or 102 keys keyboard nowadays, but I suppose
> you might, in a cramped server cabinet...
>
> ...or you might boot the server with no keyboard
> at all. Or with a minimal keyboard device attached,
> such as a number pad, or some of the fancier mice.
> Could that be a factor?
>
> By the way - everyone has quickly patched /all/
> their systems for the latest, unfortunately public
> vulnerability in RDP, yes? (And Remote Assistance,
> and anything else they chose to call it in different
> contexts.)

Thanks for reply, will investigate ketboard setups etc, also been reading
about dot net fixes and UAC settings so will see!

Cheers,

Jack

SendKeys for mac? nate Python 0 06-21-2006 10:25 PM
Error: System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys.SendWait("%{T}") Mike John ASP .Net 0 07-07-2003 01:34 PM
How do I sendkeys Mike John ASP .Net 0 07-07-2003 01:14 PM

Advertisments