Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > instead of localhost?

instead of localhost?

Adrian Hirst

Hi

I am wanting to develop on our windows server 2003 which has iis6 installed
so when i create a new project i dont want it to be
http://localhost/NewProject I want it to be http://server/Newproject is it
possible to setup iis to let you create new projects on the server like this
as I get forbidden errors etc...

Thanks

Adrian.

Kevin Spencer

Major in the majors. What URL you use for your Project is as important to
the success of your Project as your choice of T-Shirt for the day.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Adrian Hirst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9MTf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I am wanting to develop on our windows server 2003 which has iis6

installed
> so when i create a new project i dont want it to be
> http://localhost/NewProject I want it to be http://server/Newproject is it
> possible to setup iis to let you create new projects on the server like

this
> as I get forbidden errors etc...
>
> Thanks
>
> Adrian.

Phill. W

"Adrian Hirst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9MTf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am wanting to develop on our windows server 2003 which has iis6
> installed so when i create a new project i dont want it to be
> http://localhost/NewProject I want it to be http://server/Newproject

Why? In my (admittedly limited) experience with ASP.Net, it is far,
/far/ easier to develop and debug stuff when working on your local
machine (especially if you /seriously/ mess things up and have to
restart IIS fromtime to time ;-}

HTH,
Phill W.