Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Everybody ringing just one number

Everybody ringing just one number

john east

Certain classes at a local gym are oversubscribed and so they have now asked
people to ring in after 1300 hrs the day before and book a place by phone.

So everybody is ringing in at the same time (if you don't ring earlier all
the vacancies have gone)and you just cannot get through. Using Voip stunt
the phone just rings three times and says its busy and cuts off.

We have heard there is a new piece of software for smart phones that somehow
sorts out this problem, I think it is by connecting you when their line is
free ?

Would anyone know of this software or any other solution to this problem of
getting connected ? Preferably accessible by using either a BT landline or
Voip Stunt PC phone.

OldGringo38

On 3/6/2012 7:25 AM, john east wrote:
> Certain classes at a local gym are oversubscribed and so they have now asked
> people to ring in after 1300 hrs the day before and book a place by phone.
>
> So everybody is ringing in at the same time (if you don't ring earlier all
> the vacancies have gone)and you just cannot get through. Using Voip stunt
> the phone just rings three times and says its busy and cuts off.
>
> We have heard there is a new piece of software for smart phones that somehow
> sorts out this problem, I think it is by connecting you when their line is
> free ?
>
> Would anyone know of this software or any other solution to this problem of
> getting connected ? Preferably accessible by using either a BT landline or
> Voip Stunt PC phone.

Get a part time job on a farm, no Gym required.

--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest As

nhwf

john east wrote:
> Certain classes at a local gym are oversubscribed and so they have now asked
> people to ring in after 1300 hrs the day before and book a place by phone.
>
> So everybody is ringing in at the same time

Find another gym. Buy some home sports equipment.
Learn to exercise without haveing to have some twit yell at you to
motivate you.

<nods>
--
http://www.skepticalscience.com/
www.friendsofanimals.org |www.snuhwolf.9f.com|

OldGringo38

--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest As
It Has An Expiration Date
Support Bacteria: They Are The Only Culture Some People Have

Graham.

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 13:25:59 -0000, "john east" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Certain classes at a local gym are oversubscribed and so they have now asked
>people to ring in after 1300 hrs the day before and book a place by phone.
>
>So everybody is ringing in at the same time (if you don't ring earlier all
>the vacancies have gone)and you just cannot get through. Using Voip stunt
>the phone just rings three times and says its busy and cuts off.
>
>We have heard there is a new piece of software for smart phones that somehow
>sorts out this problem, I think it is by connecting you when their line is
>free ?
>
>Would anyone know of this software or any other solution to this problem of
>getting connected ? Preferably accessible by using either a BT landline or
>Voip Stunt PC phone.

It rather depends on where this message you hear is originating from
but it sounds like the line might not truly busy, your call might be
being answered by the system at the far end and that system plays you
that message rather than put you in a queue.
Not very helpful.

You can tell if the calls are being answered by looking at the
voipstunt CDR.

Is it the message if you use a different carrier?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Graham.

Oh and the cynic in me has just prompted me to ask you if this number
is a premeum rate one where the gym gets a share of the revenue?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

G. Morgan

Graham. wrote:

>Oh and the cynic in me has just prompted me to ask you if this number
>is a premeum rate one where the gym gets a share of the revenue?

My name is Graham too. It's rare to see a fellow "Graham" in the
US. Are you in the US?

--
My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I
don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real

Graham.

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:07:06 -0600, G. Morgan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Graham. wrote:
>

>>Oh and the cynic in me has just prompted me to ask you if this number
>>is a premeum rate one where the gym gets a share of the revenue?

>My name is Graham too. It's rare to see a fellow "Graham" in the
>US. Are you in the US?

No, England, but my dad was raised in Scotland, some parts of which
are definitely gray.

It's a good name to have.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

OldGringo38

On 3/6/2012 12:08 PM, Deux wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:20:43 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> Get a part time job on a farm, no Gym required.

> This is good advice; you don't need to work on a farm but you can get fit
> for much less and probably see better results.
>
> A typical gym will want £50 a month or £600 a year!
>
> Want to build muscle? Argos sell a weight set for £70 and expert advice
> is that you should use free weights, not 'machines'.
>
> Want to lose weight or get fit? You can get a decent pair of running
> shoes for £70 and an annual running club membership for £25. Plus you
> get to see more of the outdoors instead of staring at a wall.

Well getting paid for working on a far seems a little better to me than
paying for the exercise. Lots of fresh air and no stinky armpits
contaminating the room air.

--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest As
It Has An Expiration Date
Support Bacteria: They Are The Only Culture Some People Have

Gordon Freeman

"john east" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> So everybody is ringing in at the same time (if you don't ring earlier
> all the vacancies have gone)and you just cannot get through. Using
> Voip stunt the phone just rings three times and says its busy and cuts
> off.
>
> We have heard there is a new piece of software for smart phones that
> somehow sorts out this problem, I think it is by connecting you when
> their line is free ?

Take a look at WeQ4U reported at The Register a fe days sgo: it's an app
for android phones and iphones.

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/03/0...e_queues_with_
free_app/