Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > how do I fix CSS?

how do I fix CSS?

richard

http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html

The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
Why? And how to correct so that it does?
I have overflow:hidden, but does nothing.

That page is connected to this page
www.1littleworld.net/sample

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
>
> The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's [SIC] content. Why?
> And how to correct so that it does? I have overflow:hidden, but does
> nothing.

404 http://www.1littleworld.net/css/lightbox.css

You are also mixing HTML and XHTML. Use just HTML.

--
-bts

dorayme

In article <1lw18tjlvba7a.14v9t7fnkjn3m$(E-Mail Removed)>,
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
>
> The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's content.
> Why? And how to correct so that it does?

You are inline displaying the lists, there are complicated things
about borders.

Try these styles instead:

#wrapit li
{
display: inline-block;
list-style-type: none;
margin: 5px;
border: 5px solid [choose a colour];
}

#wrapit li img {display: block;}

--
dorayme

richard

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 21:14:22 +0000 (UTC), Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> richard wrote:
>
>> http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
>>
>> The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's [SIC] content. Why?
>> And how to correct so that it does? I have overflow:hidden, but does
>> nothing.

> 404 http://www.1littleworld.net/css/lightbox.css

because that directory does not exist, dumbass
and I am not using that stylesheet at all.
I am using slimbox 2.

Doug Miller

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news91yb73rctvq.1vn4dbuptwahl$.dlg@
40tude.net:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 21:14:22 +0000 (UTC), Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> richard wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.1littleworld.net/sample/AMC-Rambler.html
>>>
>>> The border for the ul li does not adjust for it's [SIC] content. Why?
>>> And how to correct so that it does? I have overflow:hidden, but does
>>> nothing.

>> 404 http://www.1littleworld.net/css/lightbox.css

> because that directory does not exist, dumbass

Which, dumbass, is part of your problem.

> and I am not using that stylesheet at all.

Yes, you are:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

And you've just earned a new nickname: RtD = Richard the Dumbass.

> I am using slimbox 2.

Look at the source for your page, RtD.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Doug Miller wrote:

> richard the sto0pid dumbass wrote:
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>>
>>> 404 http://www.1littleworld.net/css/lightbox.css

>> because that directory does not exist, dumbass

> Which, dumbass, is part of your problem.
>
> And you've just earned a new nickname: RtD = Richard the Dumbass.

I like it!!!

>> I am using slimebox 2.

> Look at the source for your page, RtD.

Does he know how? I doubt he could write any code by hand.

--
-bts