Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows XP - Wireless Connects but no Internet or Network

Windows XP - Wireless Connects but no Internet or Network

David Z

Just got a new ATT U-verse RG/modem for Internet and phone. Various
computers work fine except for one. My Sony Vaio SRX-77 laptop successfully
connects to the RG/modem wirelessly, but when I try to load a web page, IE
says "cannot display page."

This laptop connects with the U-verse RG/modem just fine with a wire/cable.
Also, it connects just fine to my neighbor's unsecured wireless Netgear
router. Also, my Acer netbook running Windows 7 connects wireless to my
U-verse RG/modem just fine.

When I run the network repair utility I get the following message "Windows
could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot
be completed: Renewing your IP address"

I'm running WinXP SP2 and IE 8.

Thanks for you help.