Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > doing it without postback?

doing it without postback?

Lasse Edsvik

Hello

I was wondering if its possible with asp.net to use the datagrid control and
get the values (chosen ones) sent by querystring, instead of using that
postback thingy?

First a page that lists all customers name and clicking on name results in a
link to view_customer.aspx?customerid=X

and is it possible to use it in paging too?

like this example http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/demos/dgExample33.aspx

send pageindex through querystring?

or do i need to go "old-style" to do that?

TIA
/Lasse

Lasse Edsvik

hmm... not sure how that would solve things

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have a look at recent thread "Datagrid and clientside callback events" in
> the datagrid newsgroup.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "Lasse Edsvik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23mPv%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello
> >
> > I was wondering if its possible with asp.net to use the datagrid control

> and
> > get the values (chosen ones) sent by querystring, instead of using that
> > postback thingy?
> >
> > First a page that lists all customers name and clicking on name results

in
> > link to view_customer.aspx?customerid=X
> >
> > and is it possible to use it in paging too?
> >
> > like this example

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/demos/dgExample33.aspx

> > send pageindex through querystring?
> >
> > or do i need to go "old-style" to do that?
> >
> > TIA
> > /Lasse

Eliyahu Goldin

Have a look at recent thread "Datagrid and clientside callback events" in
the datagrid newsgroup.

Eliyahu

"Lasse Edsvik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23mPv%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I was wondering if its possible with asp.net to use the datagrid control

and
> get the values (chosen ones) sent by querystring, instead of using that
> postback thingy?
>
> First a page that lists all customers name and clicking on name results in

> link to view_customer.aspx?customerid=X
>
> and is it possible to use it in paging too?
>
> like this example http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/demos/dgExample33.aspx
>
> send pageindex through querystring?
>
> or do i need to go "old-style" to do that?
>
> TIA
> /Lasse

Greg Burns

I think Eliyahu's suggestion is very relevant for what you asked for (no
postback). The question is really what is it that you are asking? :^)

Sounds like you simply want hyperlinks in your datagrid? Use a
<asp:HyperLinkColumn> in your datagrid to do that...

Greg

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...