Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > last line not displaying

last line not displaying

thedarkman

http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html

The last line of the above page should read Click here to return to
short stories, but it doesn't display. Can anyone tell me why not?

Thanks

idle

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:31:42 -0800 (PST), thedarkman wrote in alt.html:

> http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html
>
> The last line of the above page should read Click here to return to
> short stories, but it doesn't display. Can anyone tell me why not?
>
> Thanks

No.
Did you validate the page?
No >

****er

--
idle
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

thedarkman wrote:

> http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html
>
> The last line of the above page should read Click here to return to
> short stories, but it doesn't display. Can anyone tell me why not?

Are you nearly blind? That page would assume so.

--
-bts

Jonathan N. Little

Hot-Text wrote:
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jimjno$n01$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> thedarkman wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/id_home_of_ice.html
>>>
>>> The last line of the above page should read Click here to return to
>>> short stories, but it doesn't display. Can anyone tell me why not?

>> Are you nearly blind? That page would assume so.
>>

> it was only 4 lines
> and the last 2 had look like this:
>
> <P><A HREF="short_stories.html" target="_blank>Back To Short Stories
> Index</A> </h4></HTML>
>
> And it need to look this way:

No it doesn't

> <P><A HREF="short_stories.html" target="_blank">Back To Short Stories

^^^
> Index</A> </h4></body></HTML>

^^^^^

> LOOL I would not be able to read Line #2,
> it have 226 lines on one line,
> if set right there will be 228 Lines in all..
>
> Nearly blind LOOL Beauregard T.

thedarkman stumbles perpetually in the dark as he uses the pasta-process
of html coding...keep tossing random elements like pasta against the
wall and sees what sticks...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jonathan N. Little

Hot-Text wrote:

> Jonathan
>
> It had so manly justify align in it, I was come me blind too,
> But all in all, I know I have a good working ICE MACHINE......

thedarkman may toss HTML elements about randomly, but you see to use the
same process with words. I cannot make any sense from what you write. I
sure hope that English is your *second* language.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Hot-Text wrote:
>

>> Jonathan
>>
>> It had so manly justify align in it, I was come me blind too,
>> But all in all, I know I have a good working ICE MACHINE......
>>

> thedarkman may toss HTML elements about randomly, but you see to use the
> same process with words. I cannot make any sense from what you write. I
> sure hope that English is your *second* language.

Fate: Must make a typo s/see/seem/

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Hot-Text wrote:
>> Jonathan
>>
>> It had so manly justify align in it, I was come me blind too, But all
>> in all, I know I have a good working ICE MACHINE......

> thedarkman may toss HTML elements about randomly, but you see to use the
> same process with words. I cannot make any sense from what you write. I
> sure hope that English is your *second* language.

Hot-Text, or any of several other nyms, uses a random word generator.
English is his first language, but he doesn't use it.

--
-bts

thedarkman

I'm glad I continue to amuse you but this time you have shot
yourselves in the foot. The code was generated when I saved the WORD
document. I made very minor alterations which appear to have decreased
the number of errors, in particular I inserted:

after removing the original.

Also, I can't for the life of me understand a lot of what this program
says. For example:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0

now it says

document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of
"APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag

I'm not using applets, maps or any of the above. Whay is wrong with
the <p> and where should it go?

and

an attribute value must be a literal unless it contains only name
characters

<FONT COLOR=<"000000"></h3><h4><P ALIGN="JUSTIFY">Note: This
questionnaire is nů

literal what?

All I want is to display the last line. Can this be done with minimal
coding?

idle

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:03:02 -0800 (PST), thedarkman wrote in alt.html:

> I'm glad I continue to amuse you but this time you have shot
> yourselves in the foot. The code was generated when I saved the WORD
> document. I made very minor alterations which appear to have decreased
> the number of errors, in particular I inserted:

> after removing the original.
>
> Also, I can't for the life of me understand a lot of what this program
> says. For example:
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
>
> now it says
>
> document type does not allow element "P" here; missing one of
> "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag

> I'm not using applets, maps or any of the above. Whay is wrong with
> the <p> and where should it go?
>
> and
>
> an attribute value must be a literal unless it contains only name
> characters
>
> <FONT COLOR=<"000000"></h3><h4><P ALIGN="JUSTIFY">Note: This
> questionnaire is níK
>
> literal what?
>
> All I want is to display the last line. Can this be done with minimal
> coding?

<P><A HREF="short_stories.html" target="_blank>Back To Short Stories
Index</A> </h4></body></HTML>
Change to :
Index</A></p></body></HTML>

And don't ever, ever, convert a doc to html.

Sheesh

--
idle
Double parked on the corner of Null and Void.

Tim Streater

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
thedarkman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm glad I continue to amuse you but this time you have shot
> yourselves in the foot. The code was generated when I saved the WORD
> document.

That was your mistake right there.

--
Tim