Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Sharing profile across multiple PC's Anyone know how?

Sharing profile across multiple PC's Anyone know how?

Stromm Sarnac

This is driving me nuts.

With IE and the old netscape 4.xx I could put all my profile files
(bookmarks, email, news, cache, etc.) on my server. Then I could point
my workstations to that central folder. This way I had the same
settings and files no matter which PC I sat down at to browse the Net,
check email, etc.

Does anyone know how to do this with mozilla? I've tried all sorts of
things, but none work.

Or will Netscape (based on Mozilla) easily do what I want?

Thanks.

Neil

Stromm Sarnac wrote:

>With IE and the old netscape 4.xx I could put all my profile files (bookmarks, email, news, cache, etc.) on my server. Then I could point my workstations to that central folder. This way I had the same settings and files no matter which PC I sat down at to browse the Net, check email, etc.
>
>Does anyone know how to do this with mozilla? I've tried all sorts of things, but none work.

What I did is to start on a machine without any profiles, and use
mozilla -profileWizard to create one on a mapped drive. I then copied
the registry.dat from the mozilla application data folder to the server,
and then back to my mozilla application data folder on each new machine.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Stromm Sarnac

In article <c6je8m$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Stromm Sarnac wrote:
>
> >With IE and the old netscape 4.xx I could put all my profile files (bookmarks, email, news, cache, etc.) on my server. Then I could point my workstations to that central folder. This way I had the same settings and files no matter which PC I sat down at to browse the Net, check email, etc.
> >
> >Does anyone know how to do this with mozilla? I've tried all sorts of things, but none work.
> >

> What I did is to start on a machine without any profiles, and use
> mozilla -profileWizard to create one on a mapped drive. I then copied
> the registry.dat from the mozilla application data folder to the server,
> and then back to my mozilla application data folder on each new machine.

But this won't work when I already have tons of email and links.

Man I can't believe they didn't program to allow for this.