Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > modelsim error, help me

modelsim error, help me

yuluonk87@gmail.com

I met a error when I use ISE to simulate my testbench by modelsim.
In the verilog cod, i instanced two RAM and a ROM using ISE core
generator. when i wanted to simulate in modelsim, i got a error
"Error: (vsim-3033) ../alu.v(126: Instantiation of 'w_rom' failed.
The design unit was not found."
the w_rom is the ROM i instanced in ISE. i have compile the simulate
library in ISE. but still i get the error. by the way, this code is
write by my schoolmate, she can simulate it in her computer.
i am comfused if this is because of library, why i only got the error
i cann't instantiation 'w_rom'.and if this isn't, what the problem be.

KJ

On Feb 29, 3:18*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I met a error when I use ISE to simulate my testbench by modelsim.
> In the verilog cod, i instanced two RAM and a ROM using ISE core
> generator. when i wanted to simulate in modelsim, i got a error
> "Error: (vsim-3033) ../alu.v(126: Instantiation of 'w_rom' failed.
> The design unit was not found."
> the w_rom is the ROM i instanced in ISE. i have compile the simulate
> library in ISE. but still i get the error. by the way, this code is
> write by my schoolmate, she can simulate it in her computer.
> i am comfused if this is because of library, why i only got the error
> i cann't instantiation 'w_rom'.and if this isn't, what the problem be.

You apparently don't have the code for the ROM device. That's what is
meant by 'design unit' (aka source code). Ask your schoolmate to look
in Modelsim in the 'library' tab of the GUI for the entity that you
can't find. Modelsim will show the path to the source code. Look on
your computer and you will not find it or you will have the file but
you don't have the Modelsim library set up. Again, comparing the GUI
in the library tab of Modelsim should point out where you two are
different.

Kevin Jennings

Gabor

> I met a error when I use ISE to simulate my testbench by modelsim.
> In the verilog cod, i instanced two RAM and a ROM using ISE core
> generator. when i wanted to simulate in modelsim, i got a error
> "Error: (vsim-3033) ../alu.v(126: Instantiation of 'w_rom' failed.
> The design unit was not found."
> the w_rom is the ROM i instanced in ISE. i have compile the simulate
> library in ISE. but still i get the error. by the way, this code is
> write by my schoolmate, she can simulate it in her computer.
> i am comfused if this is because of library, why i only got the error
> i cann't instantiation 'w_rom'.and if this isn't, what the problem be.

This is a classic issue with the ISE Navigator GUI. I often see that
after adding a new design file, especial CoreGen cores, to a project,
the new file won't get into the simulation file list until the project
has been closed and re-opened. You could browse to the w_rom.v file
in your cores directory and then compile it into library "work" but
if closing the ISE project, re-opening it, and re-starting the
simulation seems easier, you should try that first.

-- Gabor

yuluonk87@gmail.com

On 3月1日, 上午3时37分, Gabor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I met a error when I use ISE to simulate my testbench by modelsim.
> > In the verilog cod, i instanced two RAM and a ROM using ISE core
> > generator. when i wanted to simulate in modelsim, i got a error
> > "Error: (vsim-3033) ../alu.v(126: Instantiation of 'w_rom' failed.
> > The design unit was not found."
> > the w_rom is the ROM i instanced in ISE. i have compile the simulate
> > library in ISE. but still i get the error. by the way, this code is
> > write by my schoolmate, she can simulate it in her computer.
> > i am comfused if this is because of library, why i only got the error
> > i cann't instantiation 'w_rom'.and if this isn't, what the problem be.

> This is a classic issue with the ISE Navigator GUI. I often see that
> after adding a new design file, especial CoreGen cores, to a project,
> the new file won't get into the simulation file list until the project
> has been closed and re-opened. You could browse to the w_rom.v file
> in your cores directory and then compile it into library "work" but
> if closing the ISE project, re-opening it, and re-starting the
> simulation seems easier, you should try that first.
>
> -- Gabor

dear Gabor,
i tried to close and re-open ISE,but still i got the error.thx.

yuluonk87@gmail.com

On 2月29日, 下午8时19分, KJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 29, 3:18 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I met a error when I use ISE to simulate my testbench by modelsim.
> > In the verilog cod, i instanced two RAM and a ROM using ISE core
> > generator. when i wanted to simulate in modelsim, i got a error
> > "Error: (vsim-3033) ../alu.v(126: Instantiation of 'w_rom' failed.
> > The design unit was not found."
> > the w_rom is the ROM i instanced in ISE. i have compile the simulate
> > library in ISE. but still i get the error. by the way, this code is
> > write by my schoolmate, she can simulate it in her computer.
> > i am comfused if this is because of library, why i only got the error
> > i cann't instantiation 'w_rom'.and if this isn't, what the problem be.

> You apparently don't have the code for the ROM device. That's what is
> meant by 'design unit' (aka source code). Ask your schoolmate to look
> in Modelsim in the 'library' tab of the GUI for the entity that you
> can't find. Modelsim will show the path to the source code. Look on
> your computer and you will not find it or you will have the file but
> you don't have the Modelsim library set up. Again, comparing the GUI
> in the library tab of Modelsim should point out where you two are
> different.
>
> Kevin Jennings

Dear KJ,
i copied another the same project from my schoolmate, this one worked
well. but i didn't know why.
i compared the two project, but i didn't find difference.i just copy
another one.
the ROM is generated by ISE core generate, my schoolmate also didn't
have the code.