Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > OCZ Octane 512GB Solid State Drive

OCZ Octane 512GB Solid State Drive

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Kit Guru have revisited their review of the OCZ Octane 512GB Solid State Drive following the recent firmware upgrade:

Quote:
OCZ are without a doubt the leaders of the Solid State revolution, and today we look at the Octane 512GB which is based around a unique Indilinx Everest controller. Hang on a minute, haven’t we done this already I hear you ask? Well yes, we have …. however OCZ have totally rewritten the firmware from the ground up to offer a ‘more balanced real world performance’. Well, so they claim. It isn’t often we revisit the same drive, but OCZ are confident that the changes they have made are rather dramatic."
You can read the full review here.