Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > opening isdn connection with external file

opening isdn connection with external file

nescafe

On 02/28/2012 09:54 PM, Lew wrote:
> Jeff Higgins wrote:

>>> Since you declared 'JOptionPaneTest1' (terrible name) inside another
>>> type without the 'static' keyword, it's an inner class, not a static
>>> nested class. Inner classes cannot have static members. You declared a
>>> static member 'main()' within that inner class. Just like the message
>>> says, inner classes cannot have static declarations.
>>>
>>> Very straightforward.

>>> As Jeff suggested, the tutorial is a great place to start. After that,
>>> GIYF, too.
>>>

>> Huh, it's so funny how my feeble little mind works (or doesn't)
>> sometimes.
>> Despite the OP's code sample , error message, and pointer to the line
>> where
>> the error occurred; I completely missed the public class JOptionPaneTest1
>> declaration!

> That's because his indentation sucks. He did everything in his power to
> hide that the inner class was an inner class.
>
> I had to reconstruct the indentation for my reply to be readable. This
> made it obvious that the ill-named 'JOptionPaneTest1' was an inner class.

--------------------
OK.
I do have one more question.
If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data
logger i can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on
data logger closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn
connections is still connected.

Shortly:
open isdn connection
open datalogger
close datalogger
close isdn connection.

When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger, isdn
should be closed and not before.

Lew

nescafe wrote:
> OK.
> I do have one more question.
> If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data logger i
> can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on data logger
> closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn connections is still
> connected.
>
> Shortly:
> open isdn connection
> open datalogger
> close datalogger
> close isdn connection.
>
> When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger, isdn should
> be closed and not before.

Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the 'finally{}'.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

nescafe

On 02/29/2012 07:29 AM, Lew wrote:
> nescafe wrote:
>> OK.
>> I do have one more question.
>> If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data
>> logger i
>> can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on data logger
>> closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn connections is
>> still
>> connected.
>>
>> Shortly:
>> open isdn connection
>> open datalogger
>> close datalogger
>> close isdn connection.
>>
>> When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger,
>> isdn should
>> be closed and not before.

> Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the
> 'finally{}'.

-----------
i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
cd..
cd prog
cd cms
cms.exe

I didnt implement this into code.

Lew

nescafe wrote:
> Lew wrote:
>> nescafe wrote:
>>> OK.
>>> I do have one more question.
>>> If i open isdn connection and directly after that i open some data
>>> logger i
>>> can not close the same isdn connection ** automatically** on data logger
>>> closing. Basicaly, i close data logger program but isdn connections is
>>> still
>>> connected.
>>>
>>> Shortly:
>>> open isdn connection
>>> open datalogger
>>> close datalogger
>>> close isdn connection.
>>>
>>> When program starts, he opens isdn and when i X-it the datalogger,
>>> isdn should
>>> be closed and not before.

>> Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the
>> 'finally{}'.
>>

> -----------
> i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
> cd..
> cd prog
> cd cms
> cms.exe
>
> I didnt implement this into code.

Oh, well.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

nescafe

On 02/29/2012 09:48 AM, Lew wrote:
> nescafe wrote:

>>> Wrap the datalogger part in a 'try{}' and close the ISDN in the
>>> 'finally{}'.
>>>

>> -----------
>> i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
>> cd..
>> cd prog
>> cd cms
>> cms.exe
>>
>> I didnt implement this into code.

> Oh, well.

---------
The runtine calls file test.bat
This file has all that i need.
Can you give suggestion how to solve my problem using .bat file ?

Lew

nescafe wrote:
> Lew wrote:
>> nescafe wrote:

>>> -----------
>>> i can not do this beacuse im using bat file to do this:
>>> cd..
>>> cd prog
>>> cd cms
>>> cms.exe
>>>
>>> I didnt implement this into code.

>> Oh, well.
>>

> ---------
> The runtine calls file test.bat
> This file has all that i need.
> Can you give suggestion how to solve my problem using .bat file ?

I can't speak for everyone here, but no.

You are going about the whole thing bassackwards.

I can give Java insight here in this Java newsgroup.

I do have two observations:

- Coordinating logic within a program from outside that program without the
program having hooks for such control is likely not feasible at all.

- Running a Java program as a system-specific artifact, and black box at that,
is not the highest, best use of Java.

My advice is to "implement this into code", as you put it.

If you need Windows advice, as you indicate that you do, this is the wrong
newsgroup. comp.lang.java.programmer is a discussion group (not helpdesk) for
Java programming topics. You appear unwilling to discuss Java.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

nescafe

On 02/29/2012 07:06 PM, Lew wrote:
> nescafe wrote:

>>> Oh, well.
>>>

>> ---------
>> The runtine calls file test.bat
>> This file has all that i need.
>> Can you give suggestion how to solve my problem using .bat file ?

> I can't speak for everyone here, but no.
>
> You are going about the whole thing bassackwards.
>
> I can give Java insight here in this Java newsgroup.
>
> I do have two observations:
>
> - Coordinating logic within a program from outside that program without
> the program having hooks for such control is likely not feasible at all.
>
> - Running a Java program as a system-specific artifact, and black box at
> that, is not the highest, best use of Java.
>
> My advice is to "implement this into code", as you put it.
>
> If you need Windows advice, as you indicate that you do, this is the
> wrong newsgroup. comp.lang.java.programmer is a discussion group (not
> helpdesk) for Java programming topics. You appear unwilling to discuss
> Java.

---------
i agree with you totaly.
The reason why i put this into bat file was because i couldn't not
define the string with all of the commands in it (i get always syntax or
compile error )

Lew

nescafe wrote:
> i [sic] agree with you totaly.
> The reason why i put this into bat file was because i couldn't not define the
> string with all of the commands in it (i get always syntax or compile error )

If you're talking about Java code, or a command-line difficulty getting your
program to run, perhaps we can help.

You could share the contents the .bat file. It doesn't have to reveal any
proprietary information but should give a good example of what you're dealing
with. Then maybe we can help with that.

It's just that with the little fragments of code, and none of .bat, that
you've shown, and rather vague descriptions of your difficulties, it's very
hard to give you good assistance.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.