Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Fast and efficent Huffman coding for nibbles and bytes in C++?

Fast and efficent Huffman coding for nibbles and bytes in C++?

88888 Dihedral

I am wondering is there any good and fast Huffman coding
for nibles of for each segment of 256 to 1K byte

Asger Joergensen

Hi 88888

88888 Dihedral wrote:

> I am wondering is there any good and fast Huffman coding
> for nibles of for each segment of 256 to 1K byte

Care to explain what You mean ?

Best regards
Asger-P

88888 Dihedral

在 2012年2月27日星期一UTC+8下午4时33分40秒 ,Asger Joergensen写道:
> Hi 88888
>
> 88888 Dihedral wrote:
>
> > I am wondering is there any good and fast Huffman coding
> > for nibles of for each segment of 256 to 1K byte

> Care to explain what You mean ?
>
> Best regards
> Asger-P

16 entries of 16 to 32 bytes of the overhead per block to rebuild Huffmancode tree can be very fast for locality

gwowen

On Feb 27, 1:02*pm, 88888 Dihedral <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> 在 2012年2月27日星期一UTC+8下午4时33分40秒 ,Asger Joergensen写道:
>
> > Hi 88888

> > 88888 Dihedral wrote:

> > > I am wondering is there any good and fast Huffman coding
> > > for nibles of for each segment of 256 to 1K byte

> > Care to explain what You mean ?

> > Best regards
> > Asger-P

> 16 entries of 16 to 32 bytes of the * overhead per block to rebuild Huffman code tree *can be very fast for locality

Care to explain what you mean?

88888 Dihedral

在 2012年2月28日星期二UTC+8上午1时30分16秒 ,gwowen写道:
> On Feb 27, 1:02*pm, 88888 Dihedral <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > 在 2012年2月27日星期一UTC+8下午4时33分40秒 ,Asger Joergensen写道:
> >
> > > Hi 88888

> > > Care to explain what You mean ?

> > > Best regards
> > > Asger-P

> > 16 entries of 16 to 32 bytes of the * overhead per block to rebuild Huffman code tree *can be very fast for locality

> Care to explain what you mean?

在 2012年2月28日星期二UTC+8上午1时30分16秒 ,gwowen写道:
> On Feb 27, 1:02*pm, 88888 Dihedral <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > 在 2012年2月27日星期一UTC+8下午4时33分40秒 ,Asger Joergensen写道:
> >
> > > Hi 88888

> > > Care to explain what You mean ?

> > > Best regards
> > > Asger-P

> > 16 entries of 16 to 32 bytes of the * overhead per block to rebuild Huffman code tree *can be very fast for locality

> Care to explain what you mean?

I mean that one should carefully sellect basic building units to
develop long live algorithms that can be ported to other languages.

Thus, a list that can hold unknown type of objects dynamically and
a hash table well implemented are the two units which I choose.

But I still use the concepts about set, tree and graph in the abstract
sense to solve problems. Anyway programs in the implementation levels
are different from the abstrct levels.