Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Globally disabling caching

Globally disabling caching

Norton

Is there a way in the web.config or wherever that I can set to make sure no
page of my website does caching?

Thanks.

Norton

i. Wiin

Server side cache or client side cache?

"Norton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ex$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way in the web.config or wherever that I can set to make sure

no
> page of my website does caching?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Norton

Kevin Spencer

You can create a base class derived from System.Web.UI.Page, which does
this, by means of adding the necesssary headers to the Response. Then
inherit from it to create your Pages.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Norton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ex$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way in the web.config or wherever that I can set to make sure

no
> page of my website does caching?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Norton

Norton

Server side
"i. Wiin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Server side cache or client side cache?
>
> "Norton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ex$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a way in the web.config or wherever that I can set to make sure

> no
>> page of my website does caching?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Norton

i. Wiin

Here's a place to start researching: machine.config file in the
<httpRuntime /> section there's an enableKernalOutputCache setting that may
be of interest to you.

Just found this for more info on the subject....
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...netchapt06.asp

"Norton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Server side
> "i. Wiin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Server side cache or client side cache?
> >
> > "Norton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ex$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Is there a way in the web.config or wherever that I can set to make

sure
> > no
> >> page of my website does caching?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Norton

Sayed Hashimi

There is a helper class published on MSDN that you can use to disable
caching.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...nfigobject.asp

sayed

"Norton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ex$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Is there a way in the web.config or wherever that I can set to make sure no
> page of my website does caching?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Norton

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs andstylesheets etc JimLad ASP .Net 3 01-21-2010 10:13 AM
Disabling page caching not working pradeep_TP ASP .Net 2 04-12-2008 05:00 AM
Globally turn page fragment caching off? DC ASP .Net 3 10-18-2005 02:51 PM
Disabling cdp globally. AM Cisco 1 10-03-2005 09:36 PM
globally prevent client browser caching gu4y ASP .Net 2 01-20-2004 06:44 AM

Advertisments