Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Audio Codec DE2-115

Audio Codec DE2-115

FPGA_guru FPGA_guru is offline
Junior Member
Location: Canada

Hi ,

I have developed a embedded controller in VHDL to send I2C commands to the audio codec on DE2-115 board i.e WM8731.

When i send the programming data over I2C for it to send ADC data and i send it back into DAC . It works but everytime i program the FPGA , i hear clicking noise along with the sample audio from left or sometimes from right . And then i reset it again and i can still hear audio as if the device is shorted from inside and it is always transmitting ADC data ??,

I have taken a screen shot of audio data coming in from ADC and whats going into DAC , and this is when there is no audio input to ADC , and i can see some pulses there ??

Although on the DE2-115 schematic the mic line is grounded , there should not be any noise on this line .

Any clues ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audio.jpg (92.3 KB, 2 views)

olivierace13 olivierace13 is offline
Junior Member

Please,
Can you send to send me your code VHDL to send IC commands to the audio ?
Thank you very much
Olivier France