Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Facebook problem

Facebook problem

Geopelia

news:jhqhm7$u1q$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
> [snip]
>> Everyone in the family overseas uses it to keep in touch, but if I
>> can find out how to get rid of it I could go back to just email.

> I couldn't agree more Geo, I have the same thing going on.
>
> Oh well, at least we're staying in touch, one way or another.

Facebook have just fixed it. Have a grumble to them, it might work.
Or they mght have fixed it now for everybody.
Perhaps they had problems.

Geopelia

news:jhqhie$usi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2/19/2012 8:28 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
>

>> No listen to the NET DONT EVER USE FACEBOOK..

> The popularity of it says just the opposite of it, Its only a few grumpy
> fools who say not to use it.
>
> What you put onto it is another matter entirely, but to simply not use it
> because a few retards have overshared on it is absurd

Facebook have now fixed whatever it was their end. After another password
change it is working well again.

It's useful to keep in touch with family overseas.

Enkidu

On 20/02/12 00:41, Geopelia wrote:

> I don't have Gmail as far as I know, it is just Outlook Express. I
> didn't get "Send codes and login to Gmail."

Ooops! Sorry Geo.

Cheers,

Cliff

The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

Geopelia

"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
news:4f4157e1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 20/02/12 00:41, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>> I don't have Gmail as far as I know, it is just Outlook Express. I
>> didn't get "Send codes and login to Gmail."
>>

> Ooops! Sorry Geo.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

That's OK.
Facebook has fixed itself now, must have been a problem their end.

Geopelia

"Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Geopelia wrote:
>

>> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> No one that knows use Face book, Very insecure
>>>
>>> Keep well away..

>> Everyone in the family overseas uses it to keep in touch, but if I can
>> find out how to get rid of it I could go back to just email.

> Facebook isn't a replacement for email. If you use Facebook that shouldn't
> in any way stop you from still using email as you always have.

I've got Facebook for "Friends and family" and email for private letters
instead of snail mail.
But they say the Americans read all the email anyway.

Facebook has fixed itself now.

Donchano

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:14:50 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>news:4f4157e1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 20/02/12 00:41, Geopelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't have Gmail as far as I know, it is just Outlook Express. I
>>> didn't get "Send codes and login to Gmail."
>>>

>> Ooops! Sorry Geo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff

>That's OK.
>Facebook has fixed itself now, must have been a problem their end.

In addition to my own Facebook page, I manage a few other pages for
organisations I'm involved with. Every once in a while I'll encounter
inexplicable issues like not being able to post or not being able to
access the pages. And one extremely popular group I enjoy completely
disappeared for several weeks before reappearing with a message from
one of the founders expressing their relief that Facebook finally
solved the problem that cause the group to vanish.

In other words, FB has numerous, intermittent problems - most of which
we will probably never hear about. Good to hear your problem has been
solved.

Geopelia

"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:14:50 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>

>>"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>>news:4f4157e1$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Ooops! Sorry Geo.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cliff

>>That's OK.
>>Facebook has fixed itself now, must have been a problem their end.
>>

> In addition to my own Facebook page, I manage a few other pages for
> organisations I'm involved with. Every once in a while I'll encounter
> inexplicable issues like not being able to post or not being able to
> access the pages. And one extremely popular group I enjoy completely
> disappeared for several weeks before reappearing with a message from
> one of the founders expressing their relief that Facebook finally
> solved the problem that cause the group to vanish.
>
> In other words, FB has numerous, intermittent problems - most of which
> we will probably never hear about. Good to hear your problem has been
> solved.

Yes, the helpful suggestions people made here were much appreciated, and I'm
saving them.

But I was surprised that in all the Help pages on Facebook, they hadn't
covered my problem.
They must have had a look, as I got an email personally addressed to me from
Facebook, with a place to click.
Now it's working well as before.

Donchano

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:35:39 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:14:50 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>

>>>"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>>>news:4f4157e1$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>That's OK.
>>>Facebook has fixed itself now, must have been a problem their end.
>>>

>> In addition to my own Facebook page, I manage a few other pages for
>> organisations I'm involved with. Every once in a while I'll encounter
>> inexplicable issues like not being able to post or not being able to
>> access the pages. And one extremely popular group I enjoy completely
>> disappeared for several weeks before reappearing with a message from
>> one of the founders expressing their relief that Facebook finally
>> solved the problem that cause the group to vanish.
>>
>> In other words, FB has numerous, intermittent problems - most of which
>> we will probably never hear about. Good to hear your problem has been
>> solved.
>>

>Yes, the helpful suggestions people made here were much appreciated, and I'm
>saving them.
>
>But I was surprised that in all the Help pages on Facebook, they hadn't
>covered my problem.
>They must have had a look, as I got an email personally addressed to me from
>Facebook, with a place to click.
>Now it's working well as before.

Good on you for sticking with it. I've spent hours on the FB help
pages going around an around in circles and found them totally useless
for solving the problems I was having. The problems weren't even
listed and didn't even come up when I used the Search window.

Then I went around and around trying to find out how I could ask them
directly. I finally found a link and an online form, but they sure do
a wonderful job hiding it. But they did reply and did tell me how to
solve the issues.

I only wish I could find a way of changing that dreadful Timeline
format they've forced on us. They have made my main page nearly
impossible to navigate easily and my "Friends" are no longer listed in
alphabetical order. Swings and roundabouts ...

Geopelia

"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:35:39 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>

>>"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:14:50 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>> In addition to my own Facebook page, I manage a few other pages for
>>> organisations I'm involved with. Every once in a while I'll encounter
>>> inexplicable issues like not being able to post or not being able to
>>> access the pages. And one extremely popular group I enjoy completely
>>> disappeared for several weeks before reappearing with a message from
>>> one of the founders expressing their relief that Facebook finally
>>> solved the problem that cause the group to vanish.
>>>
>>> In other words, FB has numerous, intermittent problems - most of which
>>> we will probably never hear about. Good to hear your problem has been
>>> solved.
>>>

>>Yes, the helpful suggestions people made here were much appreciated, and
>>I'm
>>saving them.
>>
>>But I was surprised that in all the Help pages on Facebook, they hadn't
>>covered my problem.
>>They must have had a look, as I got an email personally addressed to me
>>from
>>Facebook, with a place to click.
>>Now it's working well as before.

> Good on you for sticking with it. I've spent hours on the FB help
> pages going around an around in circles and found them totally useless
> for solving the problems I was having. The problems weren't even
> listed and didn't even come up when I used the Search window.
>
> Then I went around and around trying to find out how I could ask them
> directly. I finally found a link and an online form, but they sure do
> a wonderful job hiding it. But they did reply and did tell me how to
> solve the issues.
>
> I only wish I could find a way of changing that dreadful Timeline
> format they've forced on us. They have made my main page nearly
> impossible to navigate easily and my "Friends" are no longer listed in
> alphabetical order. Swings and roundabouts ...

Why do computer firms keep changing things? Google Groups are just as bad.
Years ago it was easy to find what I wanted. Now it is impossible.

But Google itself is still OK. I use it all the time to look things up.

Frank Williams

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:10:27 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:35:39 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>

>>>"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Yes, the helpful suggestions people made here were much appreciated, and
>>>I'm
>>>saving them.
>>>
>>>But I was surprised that in all the Help pages on Facebook, they hadn't
>>>covered my problem.
>>>They must have had a look, as I got an email personally addressed to me
>>>from
>>>Facebook, with a place to click.
>>>Now it's working well as before.

>> Good on you for sticking with it. I've spent hours on the FB help
>> pages going around an around in circles and found them totally useless
>> for solving the problems I was having. The problems weren't even
>> listed and didn't even come up when I used the Search window.
>>
>> Then I went around and around trying to find out how I could ask them
>> directly. I finally found a link and an online form, but they sure do
>> a wonderful job hiding it. But they did reply and did tell me how to
>> solve the issues.
>>
>> I only wish I could find a way of changing that dreadful Timeline
>> format they've forced on us. They have made my main page nearly
>> impossible to navigate easily and my "Friends" are no longer listed in
>> alphabetical order. Swings and roundabouts ...

>Why do computer firms keep changing things? Google Groups are just as bad.
>Years ago it was easy to find what I wanted. Now it is impossible.
>
>But Google itself is still OK. I use it all the time to look things up.

Did they not tell you 100% Spyware..