Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Facebook problem

Facebook problem

Gordon

On 2012-02-19, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>>>

>> Just asking - do you have the capslock button on?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cliff
>>

> I put it on for three letters in my password, but take it off again for
> others.
> I'll try again just pressing shift instead.

Even old mechanical typewriters had a shift key, for the odd capital or two.

> That didn't work, I still keep getting the page asking me to change my
> password.
> I'll change it to one of all lower case.
> Didn't work. I got a page that says click reset password, but reset password
> is nowhere on the page! Brilliant!

My money in on Facebook having been hacked or it just has fallen over. It
does happen.

Stay calm and wait for it to fix itself.

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)d, Donchano says...

> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:14:13 +1300, Frank Williams
> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
> >On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:00:23 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
> >>I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still comes
> >>up and I can't log in.
> >>(They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page looks
> >>like?)
> >>
> >> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no help.
> >>I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
> >>
> >>They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
> >>Facebook and don't know what they mean.
> >>
> >>Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
> >>Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
> >>If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think I
> >>have died and cancel it themselves.
> >>
> >>I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got one.
> >>
> >>Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)
> >>
> >>Thank you
> >>Geopelia
> >>

> >No one that knows use Face book, Very insecure
> >
> >Keep well away..

> Knows what, you silly old fool (and I'm 70)?

If there's one thing Woger has taught us - don't listen to him! LOL

--
Duncan.

Frank Williams

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:47:23 +1300, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:14:13 +1300, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:00:23 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Facebook keeps asking me to change my password.
>>>I've done that four times, but the "create a new password" page still comes
>>>up and I can't log in.
>>>(They ask for a screen shot, but surely they know what their own page looks
>>>like?)
>>>
>>> I've asked Facebook but just get a computerised answer which is no help.
>>>I've hunted around on Google but can't find anything.
>>>
>>>They also ask me to change my email password, but I don't email from
>>>Facebook and don't know what they mean.
>>>
>>>Otherwise, how do I get rid of Facebook if I can't log in?
>>>Perhaps I should get rid of it and start again.
>>>If I can't get rid of it, I'll just ignore it. Eventually they may think I
>>>have died and cancel it themselves.
>>>
>>>I've tried to open a new account but keep getting told I've already got one.
>>>
>>>Any ideas? (Nothing technical please!)
>>>
>>>Thank you
>>>Geopelia
>>>

>>No one that knows use Face book, Very insecure
>>
>>Keep well away..

>Knows what, you silly old fool (and I'm 70)?

Yes and I beat you at 73..

No one in his right mind would use such a insecure site.

Frank Williams

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:48:52 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed), Donchano says...
>>
>> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:14:13 +1300, Frank Williams
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>> >No one that knows use Face book, Very insecure
>> >
>> >Keep well away..

>> Knows what, you silly old fool (and I'm 70)?

>If there's one thing Woger has taught us - don't listen to him! LOL

No listen to the NET DONT EVER USE FACEBOOK..

Donchano

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:24:05 +1300, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Yes and I beat you at 73..

There's no fool like an older fool?

>No one in his right mind would use such a insecure site.

No one in his right mind would pay any attention to an insecure old
fool who continually makes absurd statements in indefensibly poor
English. It's like reading something written by the "text generation."
Your lack of self-awareness is shocking.

Richard

On 2/19/2012 8:28 PM, Frank Williams wrote:

> No listen to the NET DONT EVER USE FACEBOOK..

The popularity of it says just the opposite of it, Its only a few grumpy
fools who say not to use it.

What you put onto it is another matter entirely, but to simply not use
it because a few retards have overshared on it is absurd

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
[snip]
> Everyone in the family overseas uses it to keep in touch, but if I
> can find out how to get rid of it I could go back to just email.

I couldn't agree more Geo, I have the same thing going on.

Oh well, at least we're staying in touch, one way or another.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Geopelia

Facebook has finally fixed the problem!

I got an email from them addressed to me, asking me to change my password
(for about the fifth time!) and containing something to click.

They must have fixed whatever the problem was their end. I'm still none the
wiser about that.

Now it is working as well as before.

Thanks to all

Geopelia

Geopelia

"Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
news:4f4061c6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 19/02/12 15:19, Geopelia wrote:
>> "Enkidu"<cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>> news:4f4058e9$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> OK, just checking as I said. There should be a light on the keyboard
>>> that
>>> is ON when you have CapsLock on and OFF when you have CapsLock off. We
>>> have had people complain that their passwords didn't work, and they have
>>> had either CapsLock on or ShiftLock on so they weren't typing what they
>>> thought that they were typing!
>>>
>>> What exactly does the page say?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cliff

>> I keep getting these.
>> https://www.facebook.com/recover.php...n%40xtra.co.nz
>> https://www.facebook.com/checkpoint/...2540xtra.co.nz
>>

> For some reason the second one takes me back to the login page. But I
> tried the process anyway.
>
> What I think is happening is that when you put in your Gmail email in the
> box, and click "Send codes and login to Gmail" it does just that - sends
> to your Gmail account which of course you can't access!

I don't have Gmail as far as I know, it is just Outlook Express. I didn't
get "Send codes and login to Gmail."

> Try the link that says "No longer have access to these?" You then get a
> page that says "How can we reach you?".
>
> If you have another email address put that in there and access the
> recovery information (probably a link) from there.
>
> If you don't, get a relative or trusted friend to let you use theirs to
> receive the recovery information.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

Thank you.
Facebook has now fixed the problem their end, and it's working again.

I have no idea what was wrong or what they did though.

Geopelia

Geopelia

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2012-02-19, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Enkidu" <cliffp@bogus> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> Just asking - do you have the capslock button on?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cliff
>>>

>> I put it on for three letters in my password, but take it off again for
>> others.
>> I'll try again just pressing shift instead.

> Even old mechanical typewriters had a shift key, for the odd capital or
> two.

>> That didn't work, I still keep getting the page asking me to change my
>> password.
>> I'll change it to one of all lower case.
>> Didn't work. I got a page that says click reset password, but reset
>> password
>> is nowhere on the page! Brilliant!

> My money in on Facebook having been hacked or it just has fallen over. It
> does happen.
>
> Stay calm and wait for it to fix itself.

Thank you, it did!