Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: What is Cross Browser Compatibility?

Re: What is Cross Browser Compatibility?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Alan_Smith wrote the following SPAM:

> Means site compatible with all major browsers. All browsers work
> differently. Nowadays people use different browsers. It's a good idea to
> design your website so that the vast majority of viewers can receive the
> full benefit of your site.

Several more good ideas: use Strict DOCTYPEs; write errorless code;
eschew flashy glitz; design sites where all the content is not layered on
top of other content, rendering it unreadable. Try viewing your site with
JavaScript disabled: it's a real mess.

Your spam has told us that your web site has:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.spinxwebdesign.com%2F>
Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: 59 Errors, 14 warning(s)

<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?
profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spinx webdesign.com%2F>
Sorry! We found the following errors (82)

Why would anyone want to hire you???

--
-bts

Athel Cornish-Bowden

On 2012-02-18 17:42:52 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:

> Alan_Smith wrote the following SPAM:
>
>> Means site compatible with all major browsers. All browsers work
>> differently. Nowadays people use different browsers. It's a good idea to
>> design your website so that the vast majority of viewers can receive the
>> full benefit of your site.

> Several more good ideas: use Strict DOCTYPEs; write errorless code;
> eschew flashy glitz; design sites where all the content is not layered on
> top of other content, rendering it unreadable. Try viewing your site with
> JavaScript disabled: it's a real mess.

One other point, don't assume a fixed window width: too narrow, and
part of the text is cut off; too wide, and have acres of empty space.

[ … ]

> Why would anyone want to hire you???

Why indeed?

--