Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > custom password filters for windows (need some help)

custom password filters for windows (need some help)

JD

First let me state that I am by no means a programmer and haven't done
any coding in 25+ years but I am a little desperate at this point.
There is an article at http://www.devx.com/security/Article/21522 that
describes creating your own password filter for windows systems.
Basically it's just a DLL that gets added to a windows box and with a
few registry entries, you can enforce stronger passwords. The code in
the link above creates such a DLL and allows for a customizable
password filter via a registry entry. I tried compiling the code under
Visual Studio 2010 but got several errors and I am looking for some
help altering the code so it will compile correctly. It requires the
BOOST libraries which I did install but still got errors when
compiling. I'm guessing for someone with better skills (which at this
point could be anyone but me) at c++ this would probably be a breeze.
I tried to email the author but this article is several years old and
I have yet to get a reply.
I know it's a long shot but any chance one of you could take a look
and see if you can alter the code and get it to compile?
Thanks much!

Christopher

On Feb 17, 12:54*pm, JD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I know it's a long shot but any chance one of you could take a look
> and see if you can alter the code and get it to compile?
> Thanks much!

For $40/hr perhaps