Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Windows Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems(KB2491683) error 8024200D

Re: Windows Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems(KB2491683) error 8024200D

Robert Carnegie

On Feb 16, 8:46*am, Matt Tucker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have Windows 7 x64 on my desktop computer and every time that I try to do the Windows update for the KB2491683 security update, it keeps giving methe error code 8024200D when it is halfway done installing. I have tried the solutions microsoft provides on their tech help webpage (doing the cmd prompt scannow, doing the msconfig disabling all non-microsoft programs thing and trying the update again), but nothing is working. This particular security update has failed to instal since 4/16/11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So you've followed this, for instance:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-7c3cffa12aa4

....if that link works.

What about free disk space on the system/boot volume? I have been
caught out with that in the past. Make sure that there's plenty. The
link refers to an SSD user and they are restricted for disk space.

miso

Ditto on the free space. I had a similar problem.