Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Does PROXPN hide your identity?

Does PROXPN hide your identity?

Roky

I installed free version of ProXPN which is supposed I think to hide
your identity and give you 100kps speed.
I used a new email account there. I installed the software and
rebooted the PC.

http://proxpn.com/download.php

What I found is:
1. Nothing would upload or download on Utorrent.
2. When I went to Demonoid.me or AboveTopSecret
from a link I got from Google NOT my bookmarks, I was logged
into my account just the same as if I wasnt using ProXPN.

So if those sights knew my identity then how could I be anonymous?

Did I do something wrong?
I want to be able to go any sight and download or upload without being
traced back, is this possible?

Thanks for any help.
Roky

What proXPN does...

upgrades your internet connection with VPN encryption
secures all types of connections from DSL and cable to 3G
gives you 100% private access to the internet
get an IP address in the USA, UK, or NL

With proXPN nobody* can...

see the websites you visit
hijack your passwords, credit cards, or banking details
intercept and spy on your email, IMs, calls, or anything else
record your web history
run traces to find out where you live