Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: use anonymous but get get an authentication box

Re: use anonymous but get get an authentication box

Curt_C [MVP]

Only with your pages in place or with any?
Wondering if you aren't either calling a resource (image, etc) that's buried
in a protected folder or if you dont have the web.config set to force
windows auth.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Sharif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, all
> I am using windows server 2003 and IIS 6. I set the IIS to allow anonymous
> access. It works fine from the server itself if I would use localhost but
> when I use the IP address or the computer name I get an authentication box
> can anyone help me how solve this problem
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> sharif

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmlm?=

anything even if I type just the computer name or its IPS address to test the
IIS access

"Curt_C [MVP]" wrote:

> Only with your pages in place or with any?
> Wondering if you aren't either calling a resource (image, etc) that's buried
> in a protected folder or if you dont have the web.config set to force
> windows auth.
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
> Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
>

> "Sharif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, all
> > I am using windows server 2003 and IIS 6. I set the IIS to allow anonymous
> > access. It works fine from the server itself if I would use localhost but
> > when I use the IP address or the computer name I get an authentication box
> > can anyone help me how solve this problem
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > --
> > sharif

Curt_C [MVP]

Sounds like port blocking to me. Firewall?