Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Kodak to stop making digital cameras

Re: Kodak to stop making digital cameras

RichA

On Feb 9, 6:05*pm, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...uters-kodak.ht...
> or -http://tinyurl.com/7fc5nzs
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...out-digital-ca...
> or -http://tinyurl.com/88kq392
>
> Trying to sell patents...
> Trying to license its brand...
>
> Will focus on printers (they are 6th in the market ... what did Jack
> Welch used to say...).

They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
concern.

Robert Coe

: wrote:
: > http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...uters-kodak.ht...
: > or -http://tinyurl.com/7fc5nzs
: >
:
: They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
: concern.

The fact that Kodak is in serious trouble is hardly news to anyone.

Bob

tony cooper

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:18:37 -0500, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:19:20 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: On Feb 9, 6:05*pm, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
>: wrote:
>: > http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...uters-kodak.ht...
>: > or -http://tinyurl.com/7fc5nzs
>: >
>: > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...out-digital-ca...
>: > or -http://tinyurl.com/88kq392
>: >
>: > Trying to sell patents...
>: > Trying to license its brand...
>: >
>: > Will focus on printers (they are 6th in the market ... what did Jack
>: > Welch used to say...).
>: >
>:
>: They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
>: concern.
>
>The fact that Kodak is in serious trouble is hardly news to anyone.
>
>Bob

Not anyone here, perhaps, but do one of those "nospam" market tests
and go down to your local chain drugstore and ask the first 100 people
to name ten American companies that are successful and I'd bet you'd
find Kodak on the list of many responders. There are many people who
don't follow business news like this.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 2/9/2012 7:19 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Feb 9, 6:05 pm, Alan Browne<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...uters-kodak.ht...
>> or -http://tinyurl.com/7fc5nzs
>>
>> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...out-digital-ca...
>> or -http://tinyurl.com/88kq392
>>
>> Trying to sell patents...
>> Trying to license its brand...
>>
>> Will focus on printers (they are 6th in the market ... what did Jack
>> Welch used to say...).
>>

> They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
> concern.

Kodak made a big mistake when they didn't hire you as a consultant.

--
Peter

nospam

In article <4f35c9e3$0$18729$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 2/9/2012 7:19 PM, RichA wrote:
> > They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
> > concern.

> Kodak made a big mistake when they didn't hire you as a consultant.

yes they did. it would have kept him busy and he wouldn't have time to
post here.