Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Intel 520 Series 240GB (Raid 0 update) SSD

Intel 520 Series 240GB (Raid 0 update) SSD

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Kit Guru have recently posted a follow up to their review of the Intel 520 Series 240GB which examines the previously unavailable RAID 0 results.

Quote:
"A few days ago we looked at the latest Solid State Drive from Intel – the 520 series, codenamed ‘Cherryville’. The drive is built around ‘compute quality’ 25 nanometer NAND flash memory and offers a claimed maximum sequential read speed of 550 MB/s. It claimed our top award earlier this week, thanks to the class leading performance and reassuring 5 year warranty.

In the launch review we mentioned some reliability concerns with the latest Sandforce drives … several companies had to recall some of the drives due to controller problems.

Intel are offering a full 5 year warranty with these drives, so if you have been a little unsure about buying a Sandforce 2281 powered drive, then we feel this is a good time to take the plunge. Intel have a class leading return policy and have stood by it in the past.

So why the follow up today? Well I was genuinely that impressed with the custom Intel firmware 240GB 520 Series drive, that Intel sent another so we could update our readers with RAID 0 results. An enthusiast user with £800 burning a hole in their pocket will assuredly be contemplating a pair of these 240GB drives for blistering system performance."
You can read more here.