Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Smart phones Q.

Re: Smart phones Q.

Gordon Henderson

In article <4f2fa9da$0$2971$(E-Mail Removed)>,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>So while my good old "with key pad" Palm phone works a treat with
>dialing voipfone's "dial back" service i.e. you phone the engaged access
>number and hang up which then phones you back whereupon you answer and
>then proceed to dial the required number, I'm wondering if this is
>possible with the likes of modern smart phones like i-phone etc?
>
>Presumably it's still easy to do on something with a real key-pad like
>blackberry etc but touch screen displays are a different entity...
>Anyone had any experiences with either?

As long as you can pop up a dial-pad on the screen mid-call then
you should be able to do it. My android phone can do this although
I've no idea if (why?) it might refuse to do so on an incoming
call.

(Quick test - called my mobile which I answered, and it let me pop-up
the dial-pad to send tones, so it's fine on Android - ot my HTC Dz anyway)

Gordon

Brian A

On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:03:19 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> In article <4f2fa9da$0$2971$(E-Mail Removed)>, www.GymRatZ.co.uk
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>So while my good old "with key pad" Palm phone works a treat with
>>dialing voipfone's "dial back" service i.e. you phone the engaged access
>>number and hang up which then phones you back whereupon you answer and
>>then proceed to dial the required number, I'm wondering if this is
>>possible with the likes of modern smart phones like i-phone etc?
>>
>>Presumably it's still easy to do on something with a real key-pad like
>>blackberry etc but touch screen displays are a different entity...
>>Anyone had any experiences with either?

> As long as you can pop up a dial-pad on the screen mid-call then you
> should be able to do it. My android phone can do this although I've no
> idea if (why?) it might refuse to do so on an incoming call.
>
> (Quick test - called my mobile which I answered, and it let me pop-up
> the dial-pad to send tones, so it's fine on Android - ot my HTC Dz
> anyway)
>
> Gordon

I have used 'callback' on my HTC Desire. Thus I used the soft keypad to
dial a number. So, yes, you can use the keypad on incoming calls.

--
'Sign' the Government ePetition:
"Mobile phone data should be free to use, unhindered, in any way you