Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win32:Trojan-gen?

Win32:Trojan-gen?

shesellsseashells shesellsseashells is offline
Junior Member

Avast pulled up a warning notification when I started my computer up - Win32:Trojan-gen

It gave me the option to reboot scan, so I did. It found the infected file, and a list of options appeared. The Delete or send to vault options wouldn't work. It said something like "system operation invalid." I had no option but to exit the scan.

I attempted to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but Avast stopped the download.

I'm not sure how to go about removing this.
Help? D:

shesellsseashells shesellsseashells is offline
Junior Member

When I attempt to DL Malwarebytes:

Notification from Avast -

Infection: Win32:Trojan-gen
Action: Connection aborted
Process: crogram files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

edo edo is offline
Junior Member

This is kinda stupid advice, but i suggest you try removing chrome, i had some problems, and after removing all worked, i use opera now

shesellsseashells shesellsseashells is offline
Junior Member

I rebooted in safe mode and DL'ed MBAM with IE.

Here's the log:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: v2012.02.05.01
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS (Safe Mode/Networking)
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
nw20 :: NW20-VAIO [administrator]
05/02/2012 12:46:07
mbam-log-2012-02-05 (12-46-07).txt
Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 191169
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 29 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Files Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
(end)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
This is kinda stupid advice, but i suggest you try removing chrome, i had some problems, and after removing all worked, i use opera now
Thanks. I'm considering doing this after I get this sorted.