Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Use logging level across application and modules

Use logging level across application and modules

Jason Friedman

Base module: http://pastebin.com/nQCG5CRC
Another module: http://pastebin.com/FFzCCjwG
Application: http://pastebin.com/370cWJtT

I have a module that will provide base functionality, such as logging
and authentication.
I have other specialized modules that provide additional
functionality. One module will provide database connections, another
information about users and groups, etc.
I have an application script that uses the base module and one or more
specialized modules.

I want to allow the user to select a preferred logging level. That is
easy to do by passing that level as an argument to base.get_logger().
However, the application also uses the other module; how do I set the
logging level there to match the user's preference?