Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Gigabyte X79-UDS

Gigabyte X79-UDS

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Pure OC have reviewed the Gigabyte X79-UDS which they have rated very highly:

Quote:
"In terms of aesthetics and visuals, we think the Gigabyte X79-UD5 looks great with its black PCB and contrasting blue and gray color scheme. The board layout is very good, there’s ample space to work with, and we had no troubles with a behemoth Noctua NH-D14 air cooler. However, you may seriously consider memory modules with low profile heatsinks. There are a couple awkward details like the reset/power buttons at the upper corner of the board, but those are minor details that won't affect the vasy majority of users.

One of the most noteworthy features of the UD5 board is the all new Digital Power Control for both CPU and DRAM. Gigabyte's X79 motherboards include their new DIGI+Power Control with three digital voltage controllers. The DRAM controllers offer precise memory tuning along with CPU voltage control, which of course means better efficiency, stability and performance, and we didn't need to touch our 2133MHz memory either."
You can read the full review here.