Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey

How does code metrics affect your motivation? Academic survey

RLC

Hello,

I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
measurements have on developers’ general motivation and well-being.

If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
your time and respond to this questionnaire.

http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=46061csldl

Many thanks,

Roi

Lew

RLC wrote:
> I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
> measurements have on developersā€™ general motivation and well-being.
>
> If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
> your time and respond to this questionnaire.
>
> ļ½ˆļ½”ļ½”ļ½://ļ½—ļ½—ļ½—.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=46061csldl

I appreciate that you maintain anonymity. It looks like a responsible site.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

RLC

On Feb 1, 3:32Ā*am, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RLC wrote:
> > I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
> > measurements have on developersā€™ general motivation and well-being.

> > If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
> > your time and respond to this questionnaire.

> > ļ½ˆļ½”ļ½”ļ½://ļ½—ļ½—ļ½—.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=46061csldl

> I appreciate that you maintain anonymity. It looks like a responsible site.
>
> --
> Lew
> Honi soit qui mal y pense.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../c/cf/Friz.jpg

Hi,
indeed I do (and bound by ethical guidelines from the University of
Liverpool). The questionnaire explicitly asks not to enter identifying
information.

Thanks,

Roi

Robert Klemme

On 01/31/2012 08:58 PM, RLC wrote:

> I am conducting research on the effects source code quality
> measurements have on developers’ general motivation and well-being.
>
> If you write code for a living, please give us just a few minutes of
> your time and respond to this questionnaire.

Are you interesting to discuss the topic of automated measurement of
code quality?

Kind regards

robert

Volker Borchert

RLC wrote:
> indeed I do (and bound by ethical guidelines from the University of
> Liverpool). The questionnaire explicitly asks not to enter identifying
> information.

Well, it would have been nice if you had included some introduction,
along the lines of "Hi, my name is ..., and for my ... thesis at
the ... I'm doing a survey ...", and a reference to your faculty's
and/or project's web site, in your first post. Ppeople are much more
likely to respond if they know for what and to whom.

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <(E-Mail Removed)>
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <(E-Mail Removed)>

RLC

Hi,
My name is Roi Lustik-Cohen and I'm conducting a survey as part of
my Information Systems Management Msc with the University of
Liverpool. My dissertation investigates the effects of measuring code
quality on developers' motivation and well -being. Your help is very
much appreciated.

Regards,

Roi

RLC

Group members,

The survey will close by the 10th of March - if you have not done so
already please give us a few minutes of your time.

Thank you