Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIP as a replacement for a landline

VoIP as a replacement for a landline

Graham.

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:25:08 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 01/02/2012 20:30, Graham. wrote:
>> On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:40:09 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"

>>> ;)

>> OK can I be next to take you to task in a friendly way, and ask what
>> is the rationale for your 0845 number?

>Mystical magic and good luck, wealth and prosperity of the number 888
>and 8 and 6
>
>Plus it's easy to remember and far more people dial it than the GEO.
>number even though it may be exempt from mobile free calls etc etc...
>

>> Have you ever analysed who dials it rather than the geographic number
>> that has equal prominence on your web site?

>I'll do a report on it from my voipfone logs and let you know the
>balance over a few days when I remember...
>
>I expect "older generation" still regard it as "local rate" compared to
>"national rate"
>;)
>
>Pete

Well at least you give them the choice, unlike a lot of firms.
I will be interested if your customers preference correlates to
gender, age, or other demographics.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Gordon Henderson

In article <4f29e44f$0$2504$(E-Mail Removed)>,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 02/02/2012 00:34, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
>
>> Right Gordon...

>umm I mean Graham...

So I see now - after I read the other thread first

Gordon

Graham.

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 01:16:35 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 01/02/2012 20:30, Graham. wrote:
>
>> Have you ever analysed who dials it rather than the geographic number
>> that has equal prominence on your web site?

>Sorry Graham,
>Got you confused with Gordon, hence my latest post with call recods
>analyzed for January. Of course, Gordon might be interested in it too.
>;)
>
>Pete

Given Gordon's knowledge and experience, I was quite flattered.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Stephen

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:41:12 +0000, Steve Slatcher
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for the replies so far, but I am not sure the nature of my
>question has been totally grasped. I can find out features and prices
>of different providers for myself, and I understand more-or-less what is
>possible.
>
>But I am specifically thinking of ditching my domestic UK landline, and
>porting my old BT number. My goal is not so much to save money on
>out-going calls, but to avoid paying the line rental, which is the vast
>majority of my bill. But for this to work I want a service that is
>reliable - probably mostly in terms of being available for incoming
>calls. If I need to make outgoing calls there are many more options.

If you are on cable then presumably it is virgin media?

it is worth checking with them if there is a bundle with cable
internet + possibly TV where the cost of the voice line is offset in a
discount.

VM at 1 point had lower charges for TV+internet+phone than you got if
you cancelled the phone line......

Finally - VM will be putting their call charges up again in April -
obviously trying for the "most expensive calls to landlines in the UK"
prize again - but inbound is free.

--
Regards