Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Wow! Olympus is good!

Wow! Olympus is good!

RichA

Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
impressive.

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
>impressive.

I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
Europe so that's perhaps not surprising. Other than that, he won't
tell me anything. Impressive self-discipline.

Mike

On 25/01/2012 5:14 PM, RichA wrote:
> Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
> impressive.

Perhaps the OM-D is just a rumour.

--
Mike

RichA

On Jan 25, 6:18*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
> >impressive.

> I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
> Europe so that's perhaps not surprising. *Other than that, he won't
> tell me anything. *Impressive self-discipline.

How much did you offer him?

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Jan 25, 6:18*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
>> >impressive.

>> I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
>> Europe so that's perhaps not surprising. *Other than that, he won't
>> tell me anything. *Impressive self-discipline.

>How much did you offer him?

A meal for four (both of us, with our partners) at The Ivy, in London.

Obviously wasn't enough.

Robert Coe

: >> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >> >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
: >> >impressive.
: >>
: >> I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
: >> Europe so that's perhaps not surprising. *Other than that, he won't
: >> tell me anything. *Impressive self-discipline.
: >
: >How much did you offer him?
:
:
: A meal for four (both of us, with our partners) at The Ivy, in London.
:
: Obviously wasn't enough.

Just your luck, you'd have been overheard by one of the waiters; your friend
would have lost his job; the store you work for would have lost its allocation
of the new camera; and the whole shambles would have been reported in the
trade press (and a link to it posted here by Rich).

Bob

Bruce

Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:16:18 +0000, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: >On Jan 25, 6:18*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: >> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: >> >Keeping the OM-D under wraps up until this close to the unveiling is
>: >> >impressive.
>: >>
>: >> I know someone who claims he has seen one, but he works for Olympus
>: >> Europe so that's perhaps not surprising. *Other than that, he won't
>: >> tell me anything. *Impressive self-discipline.
>: >
>: >How much did you offer him?
>:
>:
>: A meal for four (both of us, with our partners) at The Ivy, in London.
>:
>: Obviously wasn't enough.
>
>Just your luck, you'd have been overheard by one of the waiters; your friend
>would have lost his job; the store you work for would have lost its allocation
>of the new camera; and the whole shambles would have been reported in the
>trade press (and a link to it posted here by Rich).

It worked out well in the end; we treated two of our friends instead,
and no-one talked about photography.