Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Messages to Ruby List/Forum/etc. not arriving equally?

Messages to Ruby List/Forum/etc. not arriving equally?

Markus Fischer

Hi,

I've not noticed a few missing messages during the last 24 hours which I
can only see on http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby but not on either
the Mailing List or the Newsgroup.

I think I read a message somewhere from Ilias mentioning the same,
anyone else seeing this?

My preferred media is the mailing list, but is it *the* preferred word
technically?

thanks,
- Markus

Josh Cheek

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:20 AM, Markus Fischer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've not noticed a few missing messages during the last 24 hours which I
> can only see on http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby but not on either
> the Mailing List or the Newsgroup.
>
> I think I read a message somewhere from Ilias mentioning the same,
> anyone else seeing this?
>
> My preferred media is the mailing list, but is it *the* preferred word
> technically?
>
> thanks,
> - Markus

Can you link to the messages? I also view almost exclusively through the ML,
so I'd like to check if I'm experiencing the same thing.

Robert Klemme

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Markus Fischer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've not noticed a few missing messages during the last 24 hours which I
> can only see on http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby but not on either
> the Mailing List or the Newsgroup.
>
> I think I read a message somewhere from Ilias mentioning the same,
> anyone else seeing this?

It happens once in a while. Ideally you post specific messages so
gateway operators can check.

> My preferred media is the mailing list, but is it *the* preferred word
> technically?

It may actually be that ruby-talk is not completely represented in any
of the systems where you can access it. AFAIK currently there are

- the forum http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby
- the mailing list
- newsgroup comp.lang.ruby
- ruby-talk archive at
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/ruby/ruby-talk/index.shtml (feed from the
ML)

There are gateways involved between those systems which do some
processing (i.e. spam filtering, filtering based on message format
etc.) so it could well be that messages get dropped.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

Markus Fischer

Hi,

On 15.06.2011 10:13, Josh Cheek wrote:
> Can you link to the messages? I also view almost exclusively through the ML,
> so I'd like to check if I'm experiencing the same thing.

Ops, sure; this are all messages I haven't received yet:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005429
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005427
^--- that one even seems from you?
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005412
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1925785#1005302

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1931125#new

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1929990 (both messages)

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1919357#1005212
^--- this one seems broken on the web, dated at 2011-06-14 07:28 I've