Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] ruby-oci8 2.0.6

[ANN] ruby-oci8 2.0.6

Kubo Takehiro

Ruby-oci8 2.0.6 is released. This is the Oracle module using OCI8 API.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-oci8/

Though I released 2.0.5 two days ago and said "The next release will be
2.1.0...", here is a new 2.0.x. It includes the following two issues.
If there was only one of them, I won't release a new one.
But there are two. It is worth to do.

* Fixed issues

- fix SEGV when freeing a temporary LOB during GC on rubinius 1.2.3.

- revert the exception type from RuntimeError to OCIException when
a closed OCI handle's method is called. It was chaned in 2.0.5
by mistake.