Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Measuring memory using ruby-prof - help required

Measuring memory using ruby-prof - help required

jitesh.jain@asia.bnpparibas.com

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein, I need to calculate memory utilized during
particular external function calls.

After exploring I came across gem - ruby-prof which was suitable for
returning me memory usage.

But after installing, ruby-prof was able to return only CPU utilization.
It was written that one will require patch version of ruby-prof in order
to return memory utilization.

I could search the patch for ruby prof on net but was unable to apply that
to ruby-prof gem. Problem was due to some incorrect revision.

I also tried github for applying patch but with no success.

Can anyone please provide me patched version of ruby- prof which can be
used to calculate memory usage.

Or else if you have any other idea for calculating memory usage. Thanks

Regards,
Jitesh

Do not print this message unless it is necessary,
consider the environment.

N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire,
pensez a l'environnement.