Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Calling a WS-Security web-service from ASP Application via ASP.NET or .NET Class using interop

Re: Calling a WS-Security web-service from ASP Application via ASP.NET or .NET Class using interop

Patrick

I suppose using the Interop approach to get ASP page to call a .NET Class
(via interop) to make the web-service call (as indicated at
http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;817248#6 is going to
be a bit "better" than posting from the ASP Page on the server side using
XMLHTTP to an ASP.NET page, isn't it?

(Please also refer to the reponse I have from Steven Cheng [MSFT] at
news:microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet entitled "Re: Calling a X.509
Auth web-service with MSXML2.HTTP from ASP Application" dated 15 Sep 2004
02:32:39 GMT in regards to the ViewState issue when posting from ASP to
ASP.NET on a serverside, in order to get the ASP.NET page to make a
web-service call).

There shouldn't be any issues with calling a web-service from a .NET Class
library (as opposed to an ASP.NET or Forms application), should it?

(Please forgive me for cross-posting, as I thought this subject spans
multiple technologies and may be of interest to people as well in these
newsgroups)

"[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Soap toolkit support X.509 but it doesn't support asynchronous call
> directly. For .NET solution, I think you have some options here:
>
> 1. Update your application completely to ASP.NET, fully rely on .NET
> technology. From long term view, this may be a good solution.
> 2. Submit ASP page to a ASPX (ASP.NET) page. In the ASPX page, you can
> access all values submited in the Form on the ASP page.
> 3. In ASP, call a .NET component with interop. You can create a .NET class
> library and enable COM interop for it.
>
> If there is any thing unclear, please feel free to let me know.
>
> Luke

Patrick

I started a new topic "Re: Cannot instantiate .NET Class Library to expose
webservice client library" at
nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Have you got any progress on this issue or have you sucessfully resolved
> the problem? If there are anything else we can help, please feel free to
> post here. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steven Cheng
> Microsoft Online Support

> rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Patrick,

We'll check the thread in that group and update you as soon as possbile.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support