Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > help me on this ruby programm

help me on this ruby programm

srikanth madakam

Hi,

Write a program to create employee record with configurable number of
employes(5) and write the records to a text file
Emp ID:
Emp Name:
Emp Designation:
Emp DOB:
Please help me on above programm.

Vincent Manis

On 2011-04-18, at 22:54, srikanth madakam wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> Write a program to create employee record with configurable number of
> employes(5) and write the records to a text file
> Emp ID:
> Emp Name:
> Emp Designation:
> Emp DOB:
> Please help me on above programm.

That sounds like an exercise in a programming course. I'm sure many of =
us would be happy to help you, if you show us what you've done so far, =
and ask us questions about what you don't understand. On the other hand, =
I don't think any of us want just to write the program for you.=20

-- vincent=

srikanth madakam

Vincent Manis wrote in post #993686:
> On 2011-04-18, at 22:54, srikanth madakam wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Write a program to create employee record with configurable number of
>> employes(5) and write the records to a text file
>> Emp ID:
>> Emp Name:
>> Emp Designation:
>> Emp DOB:
>> Please help me on above programm.

> That sounds like an exercise in a programming course. I'm sure many of
> us would be happy to help you, if you show us what you've done so far,
> and ask us questions about what you don't understand. On the other hand,
> I don't think any of us want just to write the program for you.
>
> -- vincent

Hi,

i want to know, i want to create a class with above objects and pass the
same values via command line. help me on this.

Vincent Manis

On 2011-04-18, at 23:12, srikanth madakam wrote:
> Vincent Manis wrote in post #993686:
>> On 2011-04-18, at 22:54, srikanth madakam wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Write a program to create employee record with configurable number of
>>> employes(5) and write the records to a text file
>>> Emp ID:
>>> Emp Name:
>>> Emp Designation:
>>> Emp DOB:
>>> Please help me on above programm.

>> That sounds like an exercise in a programming course. I'm sure many of
>> us would be happy to help you, if you show us what you've done so far,
>> and ask us questions about what you don't understand. On the other hand,
>> I don't think any of us want just to write the program for you.
>>
>> -- vincent

> Hi,
>
> i want to know, i want to create a class with above objects and pass the
> same values via command line. help me on this.

What code have you written so far?

-- vincent

Vincent Manis

On 2011-04-19, at 10:15, Chad Perrin wrote:
> If you want more information than that, though, you're going to have =

> give us more to go on, and show us that you're not just asking us to =

do
> your homework for you (or get someone who doesn't care about the =

homework
> to give you code, I suppose).

Exactly. I wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that we're responding =
negatively. Even if one of us had *WANTED* to do the OP's homework, we =
couldn't. The original question was so vague as to be unanswerable. I =
thought Chad's answer was good, though when I read the original =
question, I imagined one might need an array of 5 Employee instances. =
But who could tell?

Speaking as someone who taught university/college/industry CS/SE for =
going on 30 years, I enjoy helping people do their homework. I love =
seeing people learn, and to the extent I can assist in that, I do. But =
I'm not about to replace their effort with mine...that does neither of =
us any good.=20

So, suppose you want help on your homework, or any other project? How do =
you get me to help?=20

1. If you can't figure out where to get started, you might try `There's =
an assignment at http://cs.somecollege.edu/cs101/asst2.pdf, and I =
haven't got a clue how to get started, can you suggest something?' (My =
answer to this: probably 3 or 4 questions that might help you figure out =
where to begin, such as `Are there any people, places, or things in the =
problem that might turn into classes?')=20

2. If you have some code that doesn't behave the way you expect it to, =
boil it down to the shortest piece of code you can, and then post it, =
along with `I expected it to do A, but it did B. Why?'

3. If you can't understand a class, method, or language feature, try =
`can you show an example of how to use Someclass#method_x properly?'

The more precise your question, the more useful the answers you'll =
receive.=20

-- vincent=

xcr xcr

would be better if you read the book