Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > class cannot find module

class cannot find module

Catsquotl

Hi,

I have a class and a module I want to mix in..
I tried a few thing, but the following error keeps appearing
------------------------------------
C:/Users/Eelco ten Have/shiatsuRuby/acupunt.rb:2:in `<class:Acupunt>':
uninitial
ized constant Acupunt::InstanceEditor (NameError)
---------------------------------------

I guess somehow include does not look in the working directory..
I am using Geany as an editor/IDE

any ideas how to fix this?
Eelco

Josh Cheek

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Catsquotl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a class and a module I want to mix in..
> I tried a few thing, but the following error keeps appearing
> ------------------------------------
> C:/Users/Eelco ten Have/shiatsuRuby/acupunt.rb:2:in `<class:Acupunt>':
> uninitial
> ized constant Acupunt::InstanceEditor (NameError)
> ---------------------------------------
>
> I guess somehow include does not look in the working directory..
> I am using Geany as an editor/IDE
>
> any ideas how to fix this?
> Eelco

Include doesn't work with files. Where is your file that you have defined
Acupunct::InstanceEditor? You should require that file in acupunt.rb

Catsquotl with hat

Thank you, I must have missed the require 'file' part in the text book.

--
Sent from my mobile device