Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > List of current user activity

List of current user activity

Christina N

I want to write a (vb.net) function that outputs a list of currently active
users, and an indication of how many minutes they've been inactive. I want
the output to look something like this:

SessionID Minutes since last activity
=================== =================
2igqzb45ylqm0hmroapzi3yd 5 minutes
2j0ets551fdbi0myf5ifp445 0 minutes
ih452lb1qf4ugh45hnzgehfw 1 minute

Is this possible using IIS/ASP.Net?

Best regards,
Christina

bruce barker

no builtin, but easy to code. create a static hashtable, and in global.asax
on Application_EndRequest, update the session id and timestatmp. then write
a page to query the hastable. should take less than 5 minutes to code.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Christina N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to write a (vb.net) function that outputs a list of currently

active
> users, and an indication of how many minutes they've been inactive. I want
> the output to look something like this:
>
> SessionID Minutes since last activity
> =================== =================
> 2igqzb45ylqm0hmroapzi3yd 5 minutes
> 2j0ets551fdbi0myf5ifp445 0 minutes
> ih452lb1qf4ugh45hnzgehfw 1 minute
>

> Is this possible using IIS/ASP.Net?
>

> Best regards,
> Christina

Christina N

Could you please please give me an example on how to do this..?

Best regards,
Christina

"bruce barker" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...